2015 200S: A/C blows hot and cold, but nothing in-between
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 200S: A/C blows hot and cold, but nothing in-between

Thanks

Question 2015 200S: A/C blows hot and cold, but nothing in-between

First off, I'm new here, so hello all!

I have a 2015 200S, and the A/C will either blow cold or hot, but nothing in-between. Usually around 72-73 degrees is when the temperature will switch. As I live in FL, as long as I get my A/C in the summer I'm happy, so this is merely a minor annoyance. But, if I can take care of this myself on the cheap, I would definitely do it. After doing some research, I'm thinking it may be a broken (or disconnected) blend door actuator? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

If you find out let me know! I took mine to the dealer over this one it was still in warranty twice and they told me that it’s absolutely normal. Because it’s a automatic climate control system when I turn it to manual, it’s either hot or cold. But I know it’s complete bullshit when they tell me that. That was the case, why do I have different temperatures to select? It should just be switch for either H or C. 😡. My first thought was just like you, blender door Or actuator.

Thanks

I had my car into the dealership earlier this week. I had called for heat that morning and it was blowing cold air out of the drivers side and warm from the pass side. Upon initial inspection they concluded that it required an 'Ambient Temp Sensor'. The part is on order.

I have a 2015 3.6 with the dual zone heat/air system. I only mention this to you because, like you, I assumed 'blend door actuator' which is a fairly common problem on these cars and has been talked about many times within these forums. As I recall people were saying that there was a distinct 'clicking noise' when the blend door actuator had failed. I had no such noise.

The sensor could be another thing for you to check. Good luck with your problem.
    Last edited by shamrock249; 05-09-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    2015 Chrysler 200 Ltd - Built 03/15 - Vivid Blue
    Gold plan 419 ext warranty
    3.6L
    8.4A System with Nav
    Comfort Group
    Optional 18" Satin Silver Rims with 235/45/18 Tires
    Hidden Content
    Winter Rims; Hidden Content with Hidden Content . 225/50/18
    35% Tint
    Yellow gas cap
    Added Cargo Net & Hidden Content
    Replaced the Brake Lights With Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shamrock249 For This Useful Post:

UCF200 (Today)

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I have a 2011 3.6 convertible with 94k and having the same problem. Had my mechanic flush the heater core and it helped a bit. All blend door actuators are operational. Could my issue possibly be due to a failed ambient temp actuator, assuming my year has one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock249 View Post
    I had my car into the dealership earlier this week. I had called for heat that morning and it was blowing cold air out of the drivers side and warm from the pass side. Upon initial inspection they concluded that it required an 'Ambient Temp Sensor'. The part is on order.

I have a 2015 3.6 with the dual zone heat/air system. I only mention this to you because, like you, I assumed 'blend door actuator' which is a fairly common problem on these cars and has been talked about many times within these forums. As I recall people were saying that there was a distinct 'clicking noise' when the blend door actuator had failed. I had no such noise.

The sensor could be another thing for you to check. Good luck with your problem.
    I have no clicking sounds at all, so I'm going to do more research on the ambient temp sensor you mentioned.

If this more than likely is the cause, and it's a fix I can myself for not a lot of money out of pocket, I will do it and let you know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)