AC and intermittent issues after bump
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC and intermittent issues after bump

Thanks

Default AC and intermittent issues after bump

I recently went over a bit of a bump and scraped the bottom of my 2015 200c. The alignment and suspension seems to be fine, the splash shield however is a bit torn in the middle and hanging down a bit, but still attached and not dragging. About a week after the incident, i turned on the AC and felt air blowing, but it was not cold air. I have also noticed minor intermittent issues for example the keyless entry works only half the time (i changed the battery in the fob, still no luck), and this morning the mute music button didn't work, now it works fine. Any idea what's going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Anything posted here as a diagnosis would only be a guess except that (obviously) you should probbably replace the belly pan/splash shield Mopar PN: 68102931AB. I had to replace this years ago because my fuel economy suffered not having it on - mine was damaged so bad from deep snow I had to remove it.

To determine exactly what happened, the belly pan - what was damaged, will have to be removed to see what damage was done underneath if any. Additionally, I would imagine a hard enough impact could cause some electrical connectors to become loose, damage the body control module, pinch some wires, any number of things could have happened.

One thing you can check that doesn't cost much more than time would be to load test the battery because even if it has nothing to do with whatever is wrong, you have a 2015 model and if it's on the first original battery - it's getting close to the time where it should be getting near the end of it's useful life.

I hate to advise this but maybe consider doing an insurance claim - take a look at your policy etc... call your agent? Depending on your deductible/coverage it could be the least expensive option to get things working again, anything done at the dealer is expensive and this vehicle is complex.

I recently slid on some ice and slammed into a curb and completely damaged my suspension. All damage was covered by insurance after deductible and my insurance didn't go up - it was deemed not my fault because of the road conditions and other claims in the area. Not all insurance is the same. Just a thought.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (05-29-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Anything posted here as a diagnosis would only be a guess except that (obviously) you should probbably replace the belly pan/splash shield Mopar PN: 68102931AB. I had to replace this years ago because my fuel economy suffered not having it on - mine was damaged so bad from deep snow I had to remove it.

To determine exactly what happened, the belly pan - what was damaged, will have to be removed to see what damage was done underneath if any. Additionally, I would imagine a hard enough impact could cause some electrical connectors to become loose, damage the body control module, pinch some wires, any number of things could have happened.

One thing you can check that doesn't cost much more than time would be to load test the battery because even if it has nothing to do with whatever is wrong, you have a 2015 model and if it's on the first original battery - it's getting close to the time where it should be getting near the end of it's useful life.

I hate to advise this but maybe consider doing an insurance claim - take a look at your policy etc... call your agent? Depending on your deductible/coverage it could be the least expensive option to get things working again, anything done at the dealer is expensive and this vehicle is complex.

I recently slid on some ice and slammed into a curb and completely damaged my suspension. All damage was covered by insurance after deductible and my insurance didn't go up - it was deemed not my fault because of the road conditions and other claims in the area. Not all insurance is the same. Just a thought.
    Thanks for the response! I changed the battery about 6 months ago, so i doubt that's the issue. I'm bringing it in on Monday to get it diagnosed, hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Please keep us informed. It really helps others that perhaps develop the same symptoms.
    2015 Chrysler 200 Ltd - Built 03/15 - Vivid Blue
    Gold plan 419 ext warranty
    3.6L
    8.4A System with Nav
    Comfort Group
    Optional 18" Satin Silver Rims with 235/45/18 Tires
    Hidden Content
    Winter Rims; Hidden Content with Hidden Content . 225/50/18
    35% Tint
    Yellow gas cap
    Added Cargo Net & Hidden Content
    Replaced the Brake Lights With Hidden Content

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shamrock249 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (05-29-2019), fltru103 (05-29-2019)

Thanks

My car is currently in the shop, I'll update you all on the diagnosis once i hear back. They are currently fixing some corrosion on the hood, thankfully I'm still under the corrosion warranty. They gave me a new jeep compass as a loaner funny enough i was running into the same key fob issues. I recently switched to a phone case with a charger for my galaxy s7. The issue seems to occur once i have the charger on. My theory is that the charging interferes with the signal from the key fob preventing it from unlocking the car with keyless entry (i carry phone and keys in mot purse). It looks like the apple pencil has the same issue. When i take the key out of my purse and away from my charging phone it works fine. No wonder why i never saw the issue in the mornings, my phone is usually still around 80% lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idalou For This Useful Post:

*200S* (06-05-2019), Black Knight (06-05-2019)

Thanks

If I keep my key in the same pocket as my iPhone or near it - they keyless entry won't work most of the time.

Since I recently upgraded my iPhone, I can't carry it in my front pocket anymore anyway.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)