AC buttons are controlling other buttons?
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC buttons are controlling other buttons?

Thanks

Default AC buttons are controlling other buttons?

So this happened several months back and turning the car off and back on fixed it. This time, nothing I've done has fixed it.

I'm driving to work this morning with the AC and recycle air blowing on me at the coldest. I press the button to turn the air up a bit and this switched the AC and recycle off and moves it to defrost. Turn off defrost and it moves it back to AC/Recycle and blowing on me. Ok, turn off AC > switches it back to defrost. Turn off defrost, back to AC. Turn off recycle air > back to defrost. Every button turns on something else and back again. I've turned off the air, I've restarted the car several times once I got to work. I'm not sure what else to do or what's causing this.
    2016 Limited 2.4L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I hate to suggest this again for an electrical problem but, this car can have strange electrical issues if the battery is weak.

Have you had the battery load tested?

Have you disconnected the battery for 10 minutes - reconnected it and then tried it? TIP: if you do this don't lock the doors first, you don't want the alarm to sound when you re-connect the battery unless you like being startled.

I had a problem with my entire instrument panel going dead - tach and speedometer, fuel etc... not working. After I replaced my battery the problem NEVER returned.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (06-04-2019)

Thanks

I like your avatar pic! Its my background on my phone. Like BK said, have your battery load tested 1st. These cars act weird when its getting weak. If its the original Ill bet thats the prob!
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)