Service Park Brake, Trans, and ABS lights after front hub replacement... HELP!
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Service Park Brake, Trans, and ABS lights after front hub replacement... HELP!

Thanks

Default Service Park Brake, Trans, and ABS lights after front hub replacement... HELP!

I just finished installing new hubs on my 2015 200 because they were going out, got in it, everything was fine, backed out of the shop and drove out to the road to go on a test drive and it shifted up to 4th gear and then it felt like it almost slipped and then the ABS and Service Transmission lights came on, pulled over, put it in park, turned it off and back on and everything was back to normal, got out to the main road and got it up to 65 and all the way to 9th gear, and about 2 miles down the road the speedometer dropped to zero and the Service PB, Trans, and ABS all came on again, car runs and drives, just no speedo and a little stiff in the steering. I’ve taken the front tires off again and inspected all of my wiring to my abs sensors and everything is good, anyone have any experience with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Did you by any chance disconnect the battery while servicing the hubs? The symptoms you are describing are very common in the Chrysler and Jeep lines of cars. It appears to be a computer issue and most likely, you can't fix it. The dealer may have to reflash various modules to get it back to normal. Or, if it is the original battery, it may be just a coincidence and it is beginning to fail.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-16-2019), Sleeper200c (06-16-2019)

Thanks

Worries me that the hubs failed on a car that new. I've had Mopars as long as 308K miles and 17 years, never had a hub fail. Nor on my 92 Dakota, which has 240K on it.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Look in here:

https://www.200forums.com/forum/58-2015-2016-chrysler-200-uf-engine-technical-discussion/21937-service-transmission-service-parking-break-issue-official-thread.html

Wheel bearings on a newer front wheel or front wheel drive based car going out as early as 75k miles wouldn't worry me, it's also covered under powertrain warranty 5 years 100K miles...

It's a good idea to take it to the dealer or at least call and ask them before doing any work or spending any $$ yourself.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (06-16-2019)

Thanks

So if you experienced over 250K miles with no replacement on 3 front wheel drive cars, you should not be concerned if one failed at 75K? I consider that WAY too early.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    So if you experienced over 250K miles with no replacement on 3 front wheel drive cars, you should not be concerned if one failed at 75K? I consider that WAY too early.
    On the older cars sure. My son's 20 year old Neon has the original wheel bearings and although the mileage is low for it's year - 125K miles, I would expect it to go at least few more years before it needs wheel bearings, shorter if I don't replace the front struts soon - they aren't that bad, just a little bit stiff.

Moog agrees with what I am saying about how long wheel bearings typically last:

"Wheel bearings have an average lifespan of 136,000 to 160,000 km (approximately 85,000 to 100,000 miles). This is only a rule of thumb though, the actual lifespan of a wheel bearing depends on the quality of the wheel bearing and the operating conditions."

https://www.moogparts.eu/blog/how-lo...ings-last.html

I am not young anymore and have owned a bunch of vehicles so get what you are saying but I think things have changed. New cars are different - or at least that is my observation anyway.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 06-17-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks

No two vehicles and their components are the same.
    I had one wheel bearing replaced at around 80K miles. Under warranty I might add. Was done in under 2 hours and no charge.
    The other is fine, so far with current mileage at 97K.
    Can't compare to other cars because no two cars have the exact same suspension geometry and engineering.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-18-2019)

Thanks

A 92 and a 93 Daytona do. I've owned both. The 92 went 308K miles. The 93 went 257K miles. Neither ever failed. Have also owned an 85 and an 84 Daytona, 157K and 160K miles, respectively. Neither ever failed.

Have owned 4 other FWD cars, two of them Chrysler products, no bearing failures ever. That's why I'm surprised that it's not shocking to have a failure at 75K miles.

Thanks

A 92 and a 93 Daytona do. I've owned both. The 92 went 308K miles. The 93 went 257K miles. Neither ever failed. Have also owned an 85 and an 84 Daytona, 157K and 160K miles, respectively. Neither ever failed.

Have owned 4 other FWD cars, two of them Chrysler products, no bearing failures ever. That's why I'm surprised that it's not shocking to have a failure at 75K miles.
    I have owned a few cars myself - that list below is incomplete, I forgot a few more:
    https://www.200forums.com/forum/17-o...ehicles-7.html

...and I can understand why you might think that's how they all are - or all Mopars based on your own experience, but the fact remains that every vehicle is different as fltru103 explained, and Moog covered it best, it is a part that wears out and typically it's between 85-100K miles
    Last edited by Black Knight; 06-18-2019 at 04:58 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (06-18-2019)

Thanks

Getting away from front wheel bearings... and back to the ABS, speedometer, transmission problem...
    Because the ABS speed sensor WAS removed and reinstalled during the wheel bearing replacement and because the problem happened JUST AFTER that repair... I would be looking at a damaged/bad speed sensor...

Depending on the make and model of cars speed sensors can cause many ABS/Speedometer/and transmission problems...They can be used to tell the transmission what the speed (MPH) and what the output RPM of the transmission is...If the TCM/PCM can't "see" the pulses you'll get a transmission error....The Speedometer may also rely on that specific sensor's pulses....and definitely the ABS WILL not function correctly as it can't "see" and compare the speed (pulses) of all four wheels and ABS will be disabled and the ABS light will come on....

Some cars will use an "output" speed sensor mounted on the transmission for some of those functions (like in KIAs and Hyundais)...I'm not sure what FIAT/Chrysler uses for what functions...
    Dave

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daves200s For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-18-2019), fltru103 (06-19-2019), Sleeper200c (06-19-2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)