2015 2.4 l orifice tube line?
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

Thread: 2015 2.4 l orifice tube line?

Thanks

Default 2015 2.4 l orifice tube line?

I have a 2015 200 4cyl that has to have the AC system replaced, the mechanic told me I need the compressor kit ( found on rock auto) and the orifice tube line... He also said there wasn't much difference in the parts from a 6 cyl to 4cyl. Well, from searching for parts online there seems to be a big difference and there are a few diff line assembly's. I am hoping someone can tell me what the orifice tube line would officially be called so I could order the right part.
    By the way the mechanic said the only parts they could find was from the dealer which was 1500.00. Found the compressor kit online for between 370- and 420. So I will buy the parts and pay for labor.
    Thanks for any help or advice.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

My advise is get a second opinion. It would be very, very surprising to me that an entire AC system including the compressor needs replaced on a 2015 Chrysler - but I guess anything is possible.

Was the car in a collision and is being rebuilt?

There was a mechanic years ago - 2005 ish - that said my son's Neon (wasn't my sons Neon at the time - but in the family) needed a new AC compressor, it was a national chain garage, I forget who but supposedly reputable. I took it to another mechanic for a second opinion, a trusted friend with his own garage, and he looked at it, replaced a relay and it has been working flawlessly ever since - including now in 2019. He didn't charge anything for the relay or the 5 minutes of labor.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

blincoln (06-18-2019), fltru103 (06-18-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlc View Post
    I have a 2015 200 4cyl that has to have the AC system replaced, the mechanic told me I need the compressor kit ( found on rock auto) and the orifice tube line... He also said there wasn't much difference in the parts from a 6 cyl to 4cyl. Well, from searching for parts online there seems to be a big difference and there are a few diff line assembly's. I am hoping someone can tell me what the orifice tube line would officially be called so I could order the right part.
    By the way the mechanic said the only parts they could find was from the dealer which was 1500.00. Found the compressor kit online for between 370- and 420. So I will buy the parts and pay for labor.
    Thanks for any help or advice.
    I test and develop automotive A/C systems. Pm me with more details please. And we don't have an orifice tube. Not for years. Ask him if you need to replace the TXV or the IHX.
    2015 200S 3.6 AWD
    Mopar CAI
    Mopar cat back
    05281803aa lower intake
    BBK throttle body
    Unlocked PCM
    Player3 ECM and TCM tune

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ModdedAWD For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-20-2019), fltru103 (06-20-2019)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)