Ignition coils - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ignition coils

Thanks

I seen a you tube video where Ripp made some pretty big claims about increasing HP on a Ram 1500 3.6 with that being the only mod..... I go to the JK/JL Jeep forums here and there, some of them guys are really going big money and some of the mods they do won't translate to the 200 due to available space etc. but there's some innovative thinking there.A bit of my original post was from different things I've read on there. One thing unpopular over there is the low friction rings on the upgrade and the idea of direct injection is another frowned upon topic lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Didn't disappear. The forum wasn't as active as FB so I been there. The 3 wire set up is all about getting the 3 wire connectors, redoing the harness with them, then just grounding the new/third wire to the block.

I can provide info and part numbers to anyone who wants to go about it. I ended up getting some MSD's and am going that route. Am going to compare the two, as best as I can. When I get there. Still don't think the Ripp ones are much better vs the price. Could be wrong.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokart2 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (07-11-2019), Sleeper200c (07-11-2019)

Thanks

Heck yeah man, glad you’re still around. I might have even talked to you on FB before about other things. I think that just due to the simplicity of things that when I need coils I’ll probably go MSD too. I take it you’ve been happy with yours so far? It almost seems like the whole point of the PSU upgrade was to move the torque curve down to a more usable range as opposed to a huge power upgrade. And thanks for the reply too my man.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjmopar View Post
    Heck yeah man, glad you’re still around. I might have even talked to you on FB before about other things. I think that just due to the simplicity of things that when I need coils I’ll probably go MSD too. I take it you’ve been happy with yours so far? It almost seems like the whole point of the PSU upgrade was to move the torque curve down to a more usable range as opposed to a huge power upgrade. And thanks for the reply too my man.
    No prob. I haven't installed them yet..... waiting on some quotes for something to.....optimize them with....lol. I just can't leave well enough alone. It can always be better! Lol. Also checking specsson the msd vs stock ones. Im Nickolopoulos on FB.

Thanks

Ok, yeah I’ve seen you around on FB lol, what’s up Aaron? Did you end up going with a Cherokee, I thought you had told me that you were getting ready to or just had traded for one. I’m Munyan on FB but I got a temporary timeout for violating community standards-aka being pro 45. Anyway if you don’t mind keep me updated what you find out on the coils. I think I’m OK for now but I can’t leave well enough alone either LOL. If there’s something just a little better than stock I hate to leave power on the table when it comes time to replace anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)