Passenger side Left Door Handle not working
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passenger side Left Door Handle not working

Thanks

Default Passenger side Left Door Handle not working

Good Morning,
    Last night I had my key fob in my handle and I grabbed the front passenger side handle on my 2015 Chrysler 200 and it wouldn't unlock via the sensor. I tried the outside lock button after finally unlocking it by the driver side sensor which works. The outside lock button doesn't work either on the passenger side. But everything works on the driver side. The buttons on the arm rest inside in the passenger side works.
    We don't have a dealership here where I live in the Bahamas. Couldn't it be a fused? It rained all day yesterday. I dont know if that may be it. Maybe some rain got into the sensor. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Theboss1242 View Post
    Good Morning,
    Last night I had my key fob in my handle and I grabbed the front passenger side handle on my 2015 Chrysler 200 and it wouldn't unlock via the sensor. I tried the outside lock button after finally unlocking it by the driver side sensor which works. The outside lock button doesn't work either on the passenger side. But everything works on the driver side. The buttons on the arm rest inside in the passenger side works.
    We don't have a dealership here where I live in the Bahamas. Couldn't it be a fused? It rained all day yesterday. I dont know if that may be it. Maybe some rain got into the sensor. What do you guys think?
    First thing ... replace key fob battery.

Thanks

I replaced it about 2 or 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    Good Morning,
    First thing ... replace key fob battery.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

The settings on which doors to open via the key fob can be reset in the UConnect screen under "settings". Try that.

I notice you have a limited. Not all the 200's can open all doors via the fob. Unless you have the small black button on the passenger side door handle, then your car isn't built with the full system of opening the passenger door with the fob ... unless you press the fob to open the doors twice.
    Last edited by fltru103; 08-02-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks

It's a 200c

The settings on which doors to open via the key fob can be reset in the UConnect screen under "settings". Try that.

I notice you have a limited. Not all the 200's can open all doors via the fob. Unless you have the small black button on the passenger side door handle, then your car isn't built with the full system of opening the passenger door with the fob ... unless you press the fob to open the doors twice.

Thanks

It's the sensor on the door handle that stop working but I will try to reset that via uconnect as you said. The driver side sensor is working

Thanks

It's a 200c
    Sorry, I looked at your profile and you listed the car as a "Limited".

It's the sensor on the door handle that stop working but I will try to reset that via uconnect as you said. The driver side sensor is working
    I understand better. Hopefully you can reset, but I haven't heard of that problem yet.

Thanks

Perhaps the 2015 is different, but on 2011 and 2012, you press the fob once and it unlocks only the driver's door, and you must press again to unlock the other doors? Does this work for the original poster? If so, I don't see the problem.

Thanks

If you have had heavy rain, I would check the drain holes on the bottom of the door. If they are clogged, the door can retain water. Just an idea.

Thanks

Thanks everyone
    It just started working perfectly by itself 🏽

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)