New to Chrysler
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

Thread: New to Chrysler

Thanks

Default New to Chrysler

Will need lots of help in the future, I have not had Chrysler product since a 1971Cuda.tgot a great deal i think on a 2013 200, with low mileage, everything works on it but the AC.. so I want thank you in advance for any help you can give.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

When you say the A/C doesn't work do you mean it doesn't blow cold? Can you hear the A/C compressor try to cycle on? I've had some luck on other cars with the 1234 refrigerant you can buy at Walmart. Get the whole rig that has the hose and valve. Then find the low pressure port. The service manual says it's near the right side strut tower. There is a plastic cap. The refrigerant valve fits on the port something like an air line, no tools needed. Then take the connection back apart, hook up everything to the can of 1234 and open the valve a little to let some come out the end of the hose. Turn the valve back off, hook up the connector, start the car, turn on the A/C full, and then try to add some 1234 by holding the can upside down and swirling it around. The can will get cold if the car is accepting the refrigerant. Feel the vents to see if it's starting to get colder. The valve probably has a little gauge. Don't put in too much and watch some youtube videos about this task. In fact watch the videos first, lol. This has worked for me on 2 cars. Or take it to a shop. That works too. Probably cost $100 or so to have somebody check it out and add a little 1234. You're really supposed to find the leak and fix it and save the ozone layer.

Thanks

Poor advice above. Never service A/C without the proper tools and knowledge. And R1234yf was not used in the Chrysler 200 until 2015, so he would have you add unknown, uncontrolled amounts of the wrong refrigerant. Your car used R134a. Never add refrigerant without knowing what's wrong and how full the system is. You can be seriously hurt and damage the system.
    And adding refrigerant with the can inverted will slug the compressor with liquid and damage it. Only add it with the container upright.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Thanks for the correction to the 1234 recommendation. I meant 134.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase, you've made a great choice. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your car and your restoration plans.
    Hidden Content
    Chrysler 200
    Hidden Content

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)