200S 18" Wheel Touch Up Paint Recommendation?
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 200S 18" Wheel Touch Up Paint Recommendation?

Thanks

Default 200S 18" Wheel Touch Up Paint Recommendation?

I have a 2016 200S with the 18" rims and have some curb rash and scratches that I'd prefer touching up vs. painting the entire wheel. Has anyone found any aftermarket paint that at least comes close to the stock color?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 200S 18" Wheel Touch Up Paint Recommendation?-0423191154.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

My salvage 2016 200s came with 3 rims with moderate to fairly severe curb rash... I used a flap disk on a cutoff tool to smooth the rough edges... I found that the Rust-oleum U5005C universal silver touch up bottle with brush almost perfectly matched the rims... I found it at Home Depot in the car parts department... I also got some black metallic touch up at the time... My thought was I could mix some of the black with the silver to come up with the silver/gray color of the rims... I first tried the silver and found it matched very closely so any mixing was un-needed... I repaired all 3 rims and still had paint left... store these touch up paints in a cool dark area as they tend to dry out in the car's glove box or trunk... You have to look closely to see the repainting... There was some black color primer under the scuffs and this paint covered it well...
    Dave

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daves200s For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (07-05-2019), fltru103 (07-05-2019), rockinroller (07-05-2019)

Thanks

Thanks, Dave. Could you confirm that Rustoleum paint code? Their website shows U5006C for the "Universal Silver" (not 5005, which they show as "White"). By the way, I did use some leftover Rustoleum Dark Silver Metallic spray paint I had from another project and it actually matched pretty well had it not been for the extra sparkles in the paint (from being "metallic") so hopefully your recommendation will work better.
    Last edited by rockinroller; 07-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)