Want Netflix etc in your 200?? I do :)
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Want Netflix etc in your 200?? I do :)

Thanks

Default Want Netflix etc in your 200?? I do :)

I'm about to start a project and thought I would document it here for anyone that's curious..

Having a car with its own wifi hotspot sure opens up the possibilities.. This setup removes the lockouts on the unit and allows you to access the "cargo cam" input and use it for any video input you like (I choose a chromecast so I can stream over wifi and screencast from android mobile devices as well.

This is the "contraption" as I have it ready to put into my car.. Its a custom harness from customtronix, a chromecast, a HDMI to RCA converter and a usb power cable with both a mini and a micro end on it. I will update this thread after I get it all installed and show the steps.

Here are links to the items needed to perform this modification.

Customtonix.com for harness and software update

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

(HDMI to AV Converter Metal Case (VHD-168))

1.5-Feet RCA Stereo Video Dubbing Cable

Micro USB / Mini USB Splitter Cable

4Pcs Auto Car Radio Door Clip Panel Trim Dash Audio Removal Installer Pry Tool

Here is a picture of the setup as I have it ready to put into my car (tape and tie wraps just to make sure nothing ever wiggles apart).. more images of the install will follow in a couple days after I get it installed.

Want Netflix etc in your 200?? I do :)-20150425_134836.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soaknfused For This Useful Post:

Blaze2000 (02-08-2017), Planefixer (08-01-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

This company makes this. It's a nice plug and play kit. Also allows you to install mirror and front cameras. A little pricey, but I am going to get it sometime this year. http://coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm
    I spend two hours a day in my car commuting, so I will get good use from it. But, I am interested in how this turns out for you.
    Last edited by dishsoap1; 04-27-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    2015 200C FWD Pentastar, Black

Thanks

I've seen the lock pick, also in person on another car, the UI is just too outdated... the RAX jailbreak, blends together with the stock UI closely, it is almost like a no brainer. and it gives you more options, I prefer it better than the lockpick. and I feel you get the better bang for your buck
    Controls Engineer
    Pentastar Machining/Assembly
    Trenton Engine Complex
    ***___***___***___***___***___*** F I O N A ***___***___***___***___***___***
    2015 Chrsyler 200C AWD
    - Bright White
    - 18" Chrome Wheels w/ All Season Tires
    - Navigation & Sound Group
    - UConnect 8.4N
    - Premium Group
    - Premium Lighting Group

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I looked at other options and settled on the RAX jailbreak version as its almost completely transparent, no funky new UI, no clicking all kinds of buttons 10 times to get through some new menu.. pretty much as close to "factory" as you can get. I'll have it installed this week and will report back with a proper review and some more pictures after I get some time with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGalione View Post
    I've seen the lock pick, also in person on another car, the UI is just too outdated... the RAX jailbreak, blends together with the stock UI closely, it is almost like a no brainer. and it gives you more options, I prefer it better than the lockpick. and I feel you get the better bang for your buck
    Do you guys have a link for the RAX? I didn't know there was anything better.

Thanks

It's the customtronix link in the first post... I need to put a warning here though, they are having issues with the 200 software and some model year problem.. I still don't have my software... they did refund my purchase even though I never asked them to... so now I have all that installed behind my dash but no software to run it... patiently waiting still..

Thanks

Well keep us posted on that. That problem will probably sway me to buy the Lockpick instead. Looking to do something by this summer. Trying to buy a house very soon.

Thanks

They told me it would be a couple weeks about a week ago... I will post an update here as soon as things get sorted out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soaknfused View Post
    They told me it would be a couple weeks about a week ago... I will post an update here as soon as things get sorted out.
    I'm definitely interested in this too. Stupid question - but if we don't plan to add any additional camera which one do you buy - the silver? That's what it read like. Can't wait to see how this works out for you.

Thanks

Correct, the Silver is the one that I ordered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)