New Nav Maps Coming May 26th, 2016 - Page 8
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: New Nav Maps Coming May 26th, 2016

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fernboy61 View Post
    In fact, Chrysler produced 2 different updates. the first one was for NAFTA/US ONLY and is the one that is delivered over the air to the US cars. The second one, has a different TSB number and is for NAFTA/Canada and Mexico and should be a dealer only update, meaning us Canadians and Mexicans will have to go to the dealer and prove that we are having issues with our cars to receive the update. That being said, Chrysler published the Canadian/Mexican update by mistake on the Uconnect website for a few hours and a few members were lucky enough to check for updates during that time and managed to download it. I have both MY15 and MY16 updates on my computer at home and I will look for an easy way to share them here for those who want to install.
    As a matter of fact, the latest update is now gone from the Uconnect system update page (linked to my VIN).
    I got it just in time a few days ago.

All i'm missing is the map update!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fernboy61 View Post
    In fact, Chrysler produced 2 different updates. the first one was for NAFTA/US ONLY and is the one that is delivered over the air to the US cars. The second one, has a different TSB number and is for NAFTA/Canada and Mexico and should be a dealer only update, meaning us Canadians and Mexicans will have to go to the dealer and prove that we are having issues with our cars to receive the update. That being said, Chrysler published the Canadian/Mexican update by mistake on the Uconnect website for a few hours and a few members were lucky enough to check for updates during that time and managed to download it. I have both MY15 and MY16 updates on my computer at home and I will look for an easy way to share them here for those who want to install.

Which is exactly what I was stating as these were ( in essence) two different updates with two different criteria at that time. One being able to be downloaded for only CA and MX owners (at that time) and the one future OTA update for the U.S.

It was important to distinct the two for future readers since the download was never even up for a short time (for the U.S) given I attempted to check multiple times when some CA owners stated they got theirs.
    Last edited by respdoc; 06-21-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    2015 200c V6 AWD, Nav & Sound, Safety Tech, Prem Lighting, 19" x 8" Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof
    2010 Nissan GT-R, Cobb-Tuned, 3'' Got-Boost Intake, custom exhaust system

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by respdoc View Post
    Which is exactly what I was stating as these were ( in essence) two different updates with two different criteria at that time. One being able to be downloaded for only CA and MX owners (at that time) and the one future OTA update for the U.S.

It was important to distinct the two for future readers since the download was never even up for a short time (for the U.S) given I attempted to check multiple times when some CA owners stated they got theirs.
    And I would add to that that the update for MY15 and MY16 are different, so do not try a MY16 update on a MY15 car as you can possibly brick your unit. Files are different sizes and modules called are different.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec SH-AWD Elite V6
    Black (built 05/17) service 04/18
    Interior: Leather/Suede Ebony Acantra
    19 inches Black rims
    Acura Link w/Nav
    K&N drop in air filter

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Hi All,
    I have a 2017 with the 8.4 (no live traffic) package which includes NAV. The built in Chrysler NAV system works pretty well for me because I use it for long trip where traffic congestion usually isn't a problem. Now it seems that congestion is getting to be more of a problem and I'm needing the real-time traffic updates. (which the 8.4 won't do) So what I'm doing first is plugging my destination into the Chrysler NAV for a visual reference on my screen. Then I plug my phone in USB with Google Maps programmed to the same location. I have the Chrysler NAV volume off. I have the Google maps volume on. So now I can see my route using the Chrysler NAV but get real-time audio turn-by-turn through the Google Maps. When the two conflict I go with the audio for the real-time advice. Sometimes I run the operation through bluetooth so I can listen to both music ect ect (from my phone) through my system AND the turn-by-turn Google directions. When a turn (or speed trap) notification comes on, my Google Maps automatically silences the music, give me my the notification and then turns the music back up...and that's my system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)