Rattling noise
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rattling noise

Thanks

Default Rattling noise

I have a 2015 200 S AWD, 20k miles. There's an annoying rattling noise coming from somewhere in the dash area and I can't figure out exactly what's causing it. It usually starts around 40-45 mph, but not higher than that speed. I hear it when the heat/air is turned on and off. It's more towards the center of the dash, somewhere around the radio or a tad bit lower, and maybe just barely closer towards the passenger side. Has anyone experienced this or know what could be causing it so I can fix it? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by underdave; 12-28-2016 at 12:29 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Post a video of it.

Thanks

I'm trying, i can't seem to get a good enough one picking up the sound.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I have a 2015 200 C AWD with the same annoying noise it drives me nuts. Like underdave said it seems to be coming from the lower passenger side dash area it is a metallic sounding rattle, seems to be worse when it is cold outside. Noise seems to surface when I am driving down the road and accelerate with the vibration of the engine/car that is when I notice it. I brought it into the dealer and of course I had to leave it overnight because it is worse when cold. Dealer had it all day and said that they could not duplicate the problem what a waste of my day. Probably going to get brave and see if I can remove some of the passenger interior pieces to see if I can find the source of the problem. If I figure it out I will post it on here.

Thanks

Aside from the equally annoying speaker rattles (especially the subwoofer), its the only complaint i have about the car. I'm trying to avoid the dealership too, the same thing always happens to me. I may have to bite the bullet though if i have no luck on my own.

Thanks

Try the glove box. I put some weather stripping on the inside to seal it shut more. No more rattle. It's a tight fit. Do the same thing around the cabin air filter space near the passenger foot area. That plastic piece come off. Put some weather stripping on that piece and put it back on for a tighter fit.
    2015 Chrysler 200 S 2.4

Thanks

Ok i finally got an excellent video that clearly shows the sound. However, I'm not very internet savvy at all, so can somebody advise me on how to put it on here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by underdave View Post
    Ok i finally got an excellent video that clearly shows the sound. However, I'm not very internet savvy at all, so can somebody advise me on how to put it on here?

Get the file on your PC first. After you have it there you will need to hit the reply button in this thread. Then, press the icon that looks like a film reel. That will allow you to select and upload a video.

Rattling noise-frmht.jpg
    ~JFISHER04

2015 Chrysler 200 S - Vivid Blue Pearl
    2014 Jeep Patriot

Thanks

Well I've tried that and I tried putting it on youtube and posting the link, but apparently I don't have enough posts yet to post a link. Dammit! I'm sorry guys, thanks for sticking with me. I'll get there.

Thanks

I have a rattling noise around the same area. If I open the sunglass holder, it stops. Might give that a shot to see if that's your problem. As far as fixing it, I'm going to mention to the dealership at the next oil change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)