Uconnect version 17.11.07 (Canada and Mexico Cars only) - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Uconnect version 17.11.07 (Canada and Mexico Cars only)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    Oops !
    Well like you said, maybe someday.
    MoPars rule.
    They certainly do. I've been a Mopar man since childhood. Comes from my dad, he's bought nothing but Mopar for as long as I can remember. I've followed suit, as have my brothers and I.
    2015 Chrysler 200c
    Black, V6 AWD, Premium Lighting, Nav and premium sound, Safety tech, Panoramic Sunroof, 19x8 wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilschmied View Post
    I also wanted to point out that the two files here are different in another way:
    The MY2015 file is for RA3/VP3(no nav from factory) and the MY2016 is VP4/RA4(nav enabled from factory)

Does anyone have a 2015 VP4/RA4 file? Haven't been able to track one down yet so i haven't been able to test this.
    It is now posted above.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec SH-AWD Elite V6
    Black (built 05/17) service 04/18
    Interior: Leather/Suede Ebony Acantra
    19 inches Black rims
    Acura Link w/Nav
    K&N drop in air filter

Thanks

I'll be happy the day we get Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I won't hold my breath though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I'll be happy the day we get Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I won't hold my breath though.
    You most likely won't get it as this update should be one of the last, if not the last for at least the 2015 cars. FCA most likely won't provide update on cars that will be (most of the 2015 will be) out of warranty during the coming year.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec SH-AWD Elite V6
    Black (built 05/17) service 04/18
    Interior: Leather/Suede Ebony Acantra
    19 inches Black rims
    Acura Link w/Nav
    K&N drop in air filter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fernboy61 View Post
    You most likely won't get it as this update should be one of the last, if not the last for at least the 2015 cars. FCA most likely won't provide update on cars that will be (most of the 2015 will be) out of warranty during the coming year.
    Yes and no. The complete list for the U.S. OTA updates goes back to even 2013 vehicles:

Models:

2013-2016 Ram 1500/2500/3500
    2014-2016 Jeep Cherokee
    2015-2016 Dodge Challenger
    2015-2016 Dodge Charger
    2015-2016 Chrysler 300
    2015-2016 Chrysler 200
    2014-2016 Dodge Durango
    2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    2013-2016 Dodge Viper
    2015 200c V6 AWD, Nav & Sound, Safety Tech, Prem Lighting, 19" x 8" Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof
    2010 Nissan GT-R, Cobb-Tuned, 3'' Got-Boost Intake, custom exhaust system

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by respdoc View Post
    I did decide to be a guinea pig and also installed it on my U.S. spec'd 2015 200. So far, so good and installed fine. Most noticeable differences are with themes, icons page and voice assistance.

I'll report back if I run into any issues.
    hachna & respdoc,

Did you install the update with the engine running as per TSB 08-04-717 or the way I recall we have in the past with the ignition switch in RUN but not started?

I'm speculating that the TSB calls for having the engine running only to prevent drawing down a weak battery too far for the update to complete. I'd rather just make sure I have fully charged battery beforehand and perform update without wasting fuel, and then recharge the battery again.
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Safety Tec, Premium, Navigation & Sound
    Premium Lighting
    Replaced OE HID bulbs with Morimoto 5,500K
    18"
    OE Bridgestone Ecopias Replaced w/ Yokohama YK580s
    Mopar All-Weather Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Area Tray
    Reverse, Interior, Trunk and License Plate
    LED Conversion
    3M
    Color Stable Glass Tint - Visor 35%, Side & Rear 50%
    K&N Drop-in Air Filter, RPM Motorsports Torque Tube
    MGP Black Caliper Covers, TitaniumTim 200C Coasters

Thanks

I decided to play around with my radio quite a bit yesterday and found a few interesting things:
    Yes this update works great even for those of us that swapped, but man is it slow to install. It re-verifies the iso every time it reboots. This adds a solid 15-20 minutes to the install time and can give you the impression the upgrade is not working. You can be 30 minutes in and it reboots back to step 1, but then it jumps to step 7. This is normal.

Just for fun I tried this: If you try install the wrong model year(i.e. MY16 version in a 2015) the upgrade will attempt to run! It will reboot on step 1 pre-installing iso over and over. if you remove the stick you will get the please insert update USB message. Do not panic, it's not bricked(at least mine wasn't). Simply go download the correct version and put it on your stick, the update will complete normally from there.

I ran this with the engine running, you could probably do it without, but the install time for me was 43 minutes. That's a long time to have the car in run mode without starting it and would probably drain the battery quite a bit.

I also had some fun with installing/enabling performance pages on my old version just to see if it was worth it. I'll put that in it's own thread.

Thanks

I successfully updated to 17-11-07 (US) without the engine running. However, I did fully charge the battery beforehand and kept the charger connected during the update process.

I decided I had better things to do than babysit the car for 40 minutes while it updated. So I started out by opening the windows so I could reach in to begin the update and monitor from the outside without opening the door. Once the update process was underway I came back to check the progress roughly every 15 minutes.

I observed a couple of interesting things.

The EDIC Vehicle Information Battery display apparently doesn't update until the engine is started. It was showing only 12.1V while the meter I had connected to the battery showed it fully charged at about 12.8-12.9V.

When I came back to check progress the final time, at about 46 minutes, the car had already shut off. It concerned me when I saw all the displays were dark, but it must be by design. It apparently shuts down by itself a few minutes after the update installation is complete, likely to avoid further battery drain. I simply completed the process per the TSB, opening and shutting the door, waiting until display shut down; then once again - ignition on, ignition off, opening / shutting door, wait, done.

When I turned the ignition on again after completing the update process, the EDIC showed a warning something like ACW FW Disabled Service Needed. The warning cleared after I followed the rest of the TSB instructions for Safety Tec vehicles: Go into the radio Settings menu and select Safety & Driving Assistance. Locate the Blind Spot Alert feature and verify the “Lights + Chimes” option is turned on. Of course this should only be necessary for cars with the Safety Tec package, and probably not even then if the Light + Chimes option were previously set on. I had the chime turned off, as both wife and I find it excessively loud, enough so as to induce an adrenaline jolt. (Note to FCA - In the circumstance when this chime sounds I already have the turn-signal on and am checking to see if the adjacent lane is clear. All I need and want is a noticeable warning if it isn't, not a DEFCON 5 klaxon, that scares everyone in the car!)
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Premium Lighting
    18"
    LED Conversion
    3M

Thanks

I also didn't have my car running.

Interesting site note is under the system information. While the maps don't seem to be "updated", the Map DataBase number changed.

Before it would list it in a quarter/year format (mine are still from Q4/2012). Now all it shows after the first set of numbers is "V1".
    2015 200c V6 AWD, Nav & Sound, Safety Tech, Prem Lighting, 19" x 8" Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof
    2010 Nissan GT-R, Cobb-Tuned, 3'' Got-Boost Intake, custom exhaust system

12. The Following User Says Thank You to respdoc For This Useful Post:

Pennhaven (07-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by respdoc View Post
    I also didn't have my car running.

Interesting site note is under the system information. While the maps don't seem to be "updated", the Map DataBase number changed.

Before it would list it in a quarter/year format (mine are still from Q4/2012). Now all it shows after the first set of numbers is "V1".
    I have to wonder if they eliminated the date format so owners would no longer be able to see just how obsolete the data is?

Now that that UConnect has been updated, it will be interesting to see if and when updated map data will finally become available.
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Premium Lighting
    18"
    LED Conversion
    3M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)