Uconnect Nav Freakout
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uconnect Nav Freakout

Thanks

Exclamation Uconnect Nav Freakout

Experienced an interesting/annoying glitch with the Uconnect 8.4 Nav system earlier this week.

Headed westbound through the tunnel on I-76 (PA turnpike) and suddenly noticed that instead of displaying the nav screen, the Uconnect was showing the back-up cam view! It was a very cool shot with the tunnel roof lights converging back into the distance. Wish I could have captured it! No sooner did I say to my wife, "Hey, look at that!, and it went back to the nav screen, so it must only have been showing the camera view for a few seconds.

I didn't think any more about it, until after stopping at the Somerset Service Plaza, where ignition was off-on, off-on, off-on, three times, as we moved around for rest break and fuel. No sooner did I get back on the highway and the nav started squawking, "Off route." From then on it kept showing a position several miles off the actual location. A couple hours later, at our next rest stop in Ohio, after another ignition off-on, it still wasn't working properly. I finally rebooted the Uconnect, which fortunately fixed it.

All I can figure is that the loss of GPS signal in the tunnel triggered a software glitch. I've experienced only one other instance of the system losing track the true position, but that was three years ago, and the firmware has been updated twice since then I think.

Good thing I knew how to do a reset - since it seems it wasn't going to fix itself and no longer under warranty.
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Safety Tec, Premium, Navigation & Sound
    Premium Lighting
    Replaced OE HID bulbs with Morimoto 5,500K
    18"
    OE Bridgestone Ecopias Replaced w/ Yokohama YK580s
    Mopar All-Weather Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Area Tray
    Reverse, Interior, Trunk and License Plate
    LED Conversion
    3M
    Color Stable Glass Tint - Visor 35%, Side & Rear 50%
    K&N Drop-in Air Filter, RPM Motorsports Torque Tube
    MGP Black Caliper Covers, TitaniumTim 200C Coasters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pennhaven For This Useful Post:

travman (11-11-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pennhaven View Post
    Experienced an interesting/annoying glitch with the Uconnect 8.4 Nav system earlier this week.

Headed westbound through the tunnel on I-76 (PA turnpike) and suddenly noticed that instead of displaying the nav screen, the Uconnect was showing the back-up cam view! It was a very cool shot with the tunnel roof lights converging back into the distance. Wish I could have captured it! No sooner did I say to my wife, "Hey, look at that!, and it went back to the nav screen, so it must only have been showing the camera view for a few seconds.

I didn't think any more about it, until after stopping at the Somerset Service Plaza, where ignition was off-on, off-on, off-on, three times, as we moved around for rest break and fuel. No sooner did I get back on the highway and the nav started squawking, "Off route." From then on it kept showing a position several miles off the actual location. A couple hours later, at our next rest stop in Ohio, after another ignition off-on, it still wasn't working properly. I finally rebooted the Uconnect, which fortunately fixed it.

All I can figure is that the loss of GPS signal in the tunnel triggered a software glitch. I've experienced only one other instance of the system losing track the true position, but that was three years ago, and the firmware has been updated twice since then I think.

Good thing I knew how to do a reset - since it seems it wasn't going to fix itself and no longer under warranty.
    Interesting, did you have just the NAV map up or was it giving you directions to your destination before going through tunnel?

Please remind us how to reboot the UConnect, been a while for me and I'm betting other people whom just bought the car don't know either.

Thanks!
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travman View Post
    Interesting, did you have just the NAV map up or was it giving you directions to your destination before going through tunnel?

Please remind us how to reboot the UConnect, been a while for me and I'm betting other people whom just bought the car don't know either.
    Nav was providing route guidance.

Here (for the third time ) I'll post summary of Uconnect reset/service procedures.

(If the search feature on this forum actually worked well, I could just tell you to search , but since sadly it never does - at least not for me, I had to scroll through my own post history to find this again.)
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Safety Tec, Premium, Navigation & Sound
    Premium Lighting
    Replaced OE HID bulbs with Morimoto 5,500K
    18"
    OE Bridgestone Ecopias Replaced w/ Yokohama YK580s
    Mopar All-Weather Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Area Tray
    Reverse, Interior, Trunk and License Plate
    LED Conversion
    3M
    Color Stable Glass Tint - Visor 35%, Side & Rear 50%
    K&N Drop-in Air Filter, RPM Motorsports Torque Tube
    MGP Black Caliper Covers, TitaniumTim 200C Coasters

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)