Adding rear ducts for heat and a/c
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding rear ducts for heat and a/c

Thanks

Default Adding rear ducts for heat and a/c

Hi all, I was wondering before i call the dealer if it was possible for me to add the rear heat and ac outlet to my 2016 limited? I sourced the actual vent part but not sure what else involved in it. I know there are ducts required but not sure if i can just add them or its going to be too difficult for me. Maybe someone with the rear climate can let me know where the ducts go? Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

It is possible... The center console was not that hard to remove. I just had to cut the vent tube that was covered and run a tube back to the rear. Im guessing many 200 owners either traded in or moved on since there doesnt seem to be much activity anymore...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer20000 View Post
    It is possible... The center console was not that hard to remove. I just had to cut the vent tube that was covered and run a tube back to the rear. Im guessing many 200 owners either traded in or moved on since there doesnt seem to be much activity anymore...
    Plenty of activity on the forum, it's just your the only one to ever think of installing rear heating ducts to your car.
    Most of us will hold their cars for a long time and information exchanged on the forum is vital to keeping this car going for the long term.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-20-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

The Dart and Cherokee are on the same platform as the 15+ Chrysler 200.

I wonder how many threads there are on adding rear ducts on Dart or Cherokee forums? If you find one, the basic technical information should be the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    The Dart and Cherokee are on the same platform as the 15+ Chrysler 200.

I wonder how many threads there are on adding rear ducts on Dart or Cherokee forums? If you find one, the basic technical information should be the same.
    I looked up a video on removing the center console and found one for the dart... Making me believe it was possible with the 200. Lo and behold it was... Finished it up and now rear seats have ac...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazer20000 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-21-2019)

Thanks

This is a great idea. Pictures? Material list?

Thanks

I will have a video link after i get the ducts to have an official install. As of now im using 2.5" generic duct to run from front to back. Attached is some photos of the install. I also have led footwell lighting too, as pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adding rear ducts for heat and a/c-20190620_221106_1561084726172.jpg   Adding rear ducts for heat and a/c-20190620_221100_1561084758462.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    This is a great idea. Pictures? Material list?
    It's an option on the 2nd gen 200. Mine came with rear AC.

Thanks

point the center two ducts on the dash up and between the seats and you have rear AC.

I believe the ducts are under the front seats .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)