First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help

Thanks

Thumbs up First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help

First real post. WOO-HOO.

check it out, i've been going crazy over the fact our 8.4 RA4's dont support android auto and car play. i believe this is from hardware limitations i've read somewhere through the grape vine. Though don't quote me.

What i've done is looked at all 2018+ MOPAR's with a uconnect 4C unit and noted the mounting holes..

Naturally our big brother 300's would be a first choice in an assumption of a direct swap being possible... think again

I've concluded there is no possible way for us to mount these units without slight modifications...

I've bit the bullet and purchased a 2018 Jeep grand cherokee Uconnect 4C QAS (W/ NAV) from a salvage yard. The Harness is identical due to previous research and comparisons online... so naturally being excited i've ripped apart my poor baby and plugged this sucker in.. ill post pic's and comparisons of both units and post now...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keven200s For This Useful Post:

200s_Bullet (06-05-2019), Pennhaven (06-02-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Reserved for images while i shrink them down so i can upload

Thanks

Old unit out. New unit in... it's incredibly responsive and works flawless with the HVAC and GPS.

that's where the fun ends....

No sound!
    No SXM icon!
    Car will not accept a PROXI alignment with this unit installed. im not sure if i need to add a sales code or what.. AlfaOBD spits an error for an entertainment telematic module and dumps the PROXI. old unit back in and PROXI succeeds no issue.

What do we know?

-Unit somewhat reads BCM. First boot on new unit showed a JEEP splash screen. shut off, wait, and cylcling the ignition turned the unit into a "chrysler" uconnect with the blue theme and splash screen.

-Unit is seeming to not receive the BCM config as the SXM icon never does show up even after 4 30minute drives and 2 work shifts in between.

-AlfaOBD spitting somesort of 'ECU config mismatch' error. I will record the codes tomorrow while i fiddle with stuff and stare at it hoping pixi dust will make it function flawlessly.

The no sound really bothers me i wonder if this is a pin mismatch on the harness or a canbus issue. I'm obviosuly not an expert but i'd imagine the CANBUS would only tell the vehicle amp to power on and could only guess the uconnect system delivers low level signals to said amp. anybody with the base package audio know how this works? Does the base package even have an external amp? I have the Alpine system in mine....

Door chimes DO work, and oddly enough handsfree callling works. Nav turn by turn lady speaks to me oh so kindly as well....

Sorry for the poor sentence structure. never really finishes school and never did quite learn on how to properly write presentable articles of text.

What do you guys think?

Seems to me ill have to play with the BCM config and find a lucky combination of settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help-img_20190528_142859.jpg   First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help-img_20190528_143133.jpg   First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help-img_20190528_143149.jpg   First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help-img_20190528_143216.jpg   First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help-img_20190528_143707.jpg  

First Uconnect 4C swap? Going to need everyone's help-img_20190528_143716.jpg  

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Hope it works! Good Luck

Thanks

follow

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)