Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Radio Help!

11K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  fltru103 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have issues with static while listening to your radio? I have the typical radio in my 2013, the reception is awful while listening to regular stations. Also, I connect my phone using the input jack and again static. Not sure if any of this is covered under my warranty?

#2 ·
Hi niknak200,
Electric/radio issues would be covered under a basic limited warranty if the root cause was determined to be a manufacturer defect. I would recommend having the vehicle looked at by your local FCA dealership to obtain an official diagnosis.

#4 ·
I call B.S. on that one... You need to take it in and get a manager in there. I've got a 2011 and the radio is just fine. Wear and tear for a radio would pretty much be limited to cosmetic things like buttons rubbed clean of labels, or usb port covers missing. Oh, also if you drove a screwdriver through it with a hammer, that would be excessive tear. :)
Functionality is a whole different beast. If it was one of the old style mechanical tuning radios like we had back in the 80's then I'd say wear and tear could cause your issue. With the electronic stuff, it's all circuits and they don't wear out anywhere near that fast.

I'd also recommend trying a different dealership if the one near you keeps giving you flack.

-Jeff

#10 · (Edited)
I've noticed recently that my radio is getting static as well. I have the 8.4A radio and for the most part I listen to the FM stations. When the radio is playing there is an 'ST' flashing beside the station number on the display. It should be crystal clear but the static is very annoying. I hate the idea of taking it to the dealer to have it checked out because of some of the stories I have read in this forum. I just don't trust them working on my car.

#12 ·
My sound keeps going in and out. It does it if I'm playing music or talking on the phone using blue tooth.
Welcome to the forum alana2210 !
Please fill in your information in the profile section so we all know what you drive, year, model, etc.

As for help with your radio. I think we would all need more information on exactly what is happening.
Some things are straightforward, others need to be seen or heard to determine what's going on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.