How to remove front seats for cleaning?
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

Thread: How to remove front seats for cleaning?

Thanks

Default How to remove front seats for cleaning?

I have a question. Currently, my interior is clean (and that's hard for me to say, as someone who has been clinically diagnosed with OCD), but eventually I will want to remove the seats to deep-clean (reach under where the vacuum attachments cannot go, and clean the carpeted sides of the console) in about a year or so.

The other major reason is that I want to give my seats a good steam cleaning while they're out of the car (I have cloth seats as I don't like the cracking/splitting problem most leather seats seem to have in less than five years). It will be easier to give them a thorough clean with them out of the car. Thus far I've only cleaned them with the extension wand of my carpet cleaner. How much difficulty is involved in this? I know that there is an airbag on the side as well as the wiring for the head restraint/seat adjustments, is it just a simple plug connector?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Ill post a link for you to read. Its fairly straight forward. For safety reasons do yourself a favor and disconnect the negative side of the battery and let the car sit before you disconnect anything airbag related. They say 20 minutes and I agree. http://www.ehow.com/how_5865441_remo...s-airbags.html

Thanks

Only 4 bolts hold in seat. Use a 19mm socket. The hard part is disconnecting the wires. There are 2. One is easy and the other has a safety lock in addition to the normal clip.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

On the 2016~2017 Chrysler 200 they used a fastener on it's seats called mortorq
    that requires a special socket to remove..
    See..
    https://www.assemblymag.com/articles...-seat-assembly...
    So another oddball tool that will get used once or twice and then delegated to the unused tool shelf...
    I wrote this so that others would know what socket(s) to get to remove the front seats...
    Dave

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)