For thoses who had the rust on hood did Chrysler fix it without a hassle?
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For thoses who had the rust on hood did Chrysler fix it without a hassle?

Thanks

Default For thoses who had the rust on hood did Chrysler fix it without a hassle?

Just noticed my wife her 2015 200s has 2 small spots where paint is starting to bubble on lip of hood just above the headlights. I know from having many cars with rust issues in my younger days what it is. Was it hassle free or was it really a pain the the ass to get them to fix. Our car was purchased used but should still be covered under the exterior panel rust protection warranty since that suppose to be a 5 year 100k mile warranty. Bu guess they could say its suppose to be a rust thru as I had GM pull that one on me back in the 90"s. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I just had my 2015 200c hood replaced at the dealer for the rust issues. I have 60,000 miles. I brought it down and they took pics and sent those off to FCA for approval. It took quite a long time to get it done( > 6 months). During the wait, I read that FCA changed their policy and now will only repair the hood. I checked at the dealer and I would be grandfathered on my hood being replaced. Be sure to ask if yours will be replaced or repaired.
    Mike
    2015 200c

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mike w For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (05-20-2019)

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll give them a call and see what they say.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Yes. See my post in the Appearance and Body section.

Thanks

For thoses who had the rust on hood did Chrysler fix it without a hassle?-59894567_293402931587690_6072630860832571392_n.jpgFor thoses who had the rust on hood did Chrysler fix it without a hassle?-capturereply.png2015 200C, 50k miles (40k when problem was discovered). When I discovered this I brought the car to the dealer. Dealer took pictures and sent them to Chrysler. 3 months later, Chrysler denied my request for repair. The dealer told me to call 800-992-1997 to complain. I called and they told me to get it fixed, pay for it ($900), save the receipt and IF they get enough complaints AND they issue a recall, they will reimburse me. A few days later I got an email, again denying me, claiming out of warranty. In that email they sent me another number if I needed further assistance 800-247-9753. I called and they opened a complaint case. That is where I am. Meanwhile, I am pounding them of Facebook and Twitter. Chrysler cares replied to me on both, with the same lame response.

Thanks

It should be covered under rust/corrosion. That's downright wrong that they won't cover it - are they saying there needs to be an actual hole? According to the online manual it's 5 years unlimited mileage.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 05-20-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Thanks

It's wrong, but Chrysler's rustthrough warranty, like other brands, has been such that there needs to be perforation for them to fix it - at least in the cases I know of. If it gets fixed before that, it's usually a good dealer fighting for you.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blincoln For This Useful Post:

200s_Bullet (05-22-2019), Black Knight (05-20-2019)

Thanks

The hood is actually aluminum (not steel) and the bubbling is caused by the aluminum oxidizing (it's form of rust)... I got a used hood from a yard southeast of Pittsburgh, Pa that had the paint bubbling on the front lip...Turns out it came from a 200 that had it replaced in warranty... Paid $300 for it...All the rubber weatherstripping and sound deadener material was missing but the ECM upgrade sticker was still attached... I'll shoot some "FluidFilm" in behind the oxidation, sand, primer, and paint the hood (the hood is blue and the car is black)...
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)