Daytime Running Lights Activation
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daytime Running Lights Activation

Thanks

Default Daytime Running Lights Activation

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited Convertible that I want to activate the Daytime Running Lights (DRL). I've read posts that people have done this, but my dealership is saying that it can't be done. I'd light to find instructions on how to do this so I can show the dealership. I also have a 2017 Ram and was able to locate the instructions on how to have the dealership program the DRLs to come on. I'm guessing that somewhere there would be instructions for this as well. PLEASE HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

When I bought my 2012 convertible in August of '13 the dealer activated the DRL's using the dealer level technical tools. Didn't take long but I had to pay for it. In other words I know it can be done but I didn't watch the tech do the work so I don't know the specific menus.

There is an aftermarket diagnostic program that can perform certain configuration items and I'm pretty sure DRL's is one of them. You should probably buy this software anyway because it can read all the electronic modules for fault codes, including the Power Top Control Module. Only costs $50 but you need to buy an interface device to hook up between the ODB port and your Windows laptop. It only runs on Windows. Here is a link....

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

I bought this myself and I recommend it.

Thanks

Thank you very much for the information. I will certainly use your advice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

From the Factory Service Manual:

"DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

Vehicles equipped with the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) feature illuminate the turn signal bulbs (Chrysler) or the high beam headlamp bulbs (Dodge) of both front lamp units when the engine is running, the parking brake is released, the headlamps are turned OFF and the optional automatic transmission gear selector lever is in any position except PARK. The park lamps may be ON or OFF for DRL to operate. For vehicles with a manual transmission, the DRL will operate in any transmission gear selector lever position. The TIPM must be programmed appropriately for this feature to be enabled."

Thanks

Thank you blincoln. I will let the service department know that they will need to program the TIPM in order to make them work.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)