key fob question - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: key fob question

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post

the wife is not putting the phone further away in her bag from the fob and she said it is working better, but i will have her switch fobs again and see if the affected fob starts to work better again. i will try to remember to update this next week as she will not be driving much for the 4th thanks
    Might also want to have her test with the fob all by itself and not connected to her purse at all. About 5 years ago, we all did discover that cell phones interrupt the fob's signal.
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travman View Post
    Might also want to have her test with the fob all by itself and not connected to her purse at all. About 5 years ago, we all did discover that cell phones interrupt the fob's signal.

i did that already i took it out and it was not working as it should have been. then i took the battery out and measured the volts and the battery had 3.2 volts. then replaced it and did the test again and it worked better. the fob is not corroded inside so that was not the issue. thanks.

Thanks

hi. i have the 2016 200s and for some reason the wifes fob does not want to work unless she holds the fob next to the car or the pushbutton. i put new batteries in both fobs about 3 months ago and hers is acting up again. i checked the voltage and the battery in that fob is 3.2 volts so that seems plenty. i looked in the book and did not see much on it but for if you have trouble with the fob to hold ithe back of the fob up to the pushbutton to start the car.

the dealer said that hole down the console under the shifter and the slide cup holder was for something but i cant remember. the wife said it is to charge the fob up but i did not see that in the book either.

so aside form another bad battery what could cause this? she swapped out the fob's and that seemed to work better. but time will tell. thanks
    The one time I experienced issues with my key fob was because of a low battery. I was able to determine that the key fob battery needed to be replaced long before I actually replaced it because my range decreased with regards to how close I had to be to the car for it to respond to key fob commands. It was always my understanding that if the battery in the key fob got too low that you would have to place the key fob directly in front of the push start to start the car.

I believe the only purpose for the little square hole is so that you can pass cables through for devices that you may want to power with the plugins located directly underneath the sliding cup holder. For instance I have a flat wireless charging pad that sits directly underneath my shifter/AC controls in the big opening. I run the power cable through the little square hole back into the center console underneath the sliding cup holder to power the wireless charging pad for a cleaner look so that I don't have to wrap cables around the console.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

thanks that is what i'm starting to thins also about that hole. and i read the fob battery being low in the book. thanks for posting that also. i told the wife to change the fobs out again and see if the problem comes back if so then i will just get another battery. if it returns again after that i will have the dealer get me a new fob. again thanks.

Thanks

thanks that is what i'm starting to thins also about that hole. and i read the fob battery being low in the book. thanks for posting that also. i told the wife to change the fobs out again and see if the problem comes back if so then i will just get another battery. if it returns again after that i will have the dealer get me a new fob. again thanks.
    Replacement FOBS are expensive at the dealer. I purchased one on eBay from a guaranteed seller, but it did not work. I ended up buying from the dealer and returning the "new" discounted fob on eBay.
    So what I am saying. If the fob works, then the battery is an issue, or your incurring interference from another electronic item ... like a cell phone.
    I only buy name brand, sealed packages of batteries. The first replacement I used was from a battery store that sold them in bulk. They used one from a bin of batteries. It lasted only 6 months before I had issues.
    For a few dollars more, buy the best.
    Then make sure that cell phone is far away from the fob.

Thanks

thanks that is what i'm thinking also. if it has issues again i will get batteries from like a popular store that i hope sells enough to keep them fresh.

Thanks

6 months ago I did replace the battery to my fob, and had noticed the buttons were not working on the fob, turning car on and unlocking car via the sensor in car door handle worked, but the physical buttons on the fob did not. But had noticed that after driving the car 1 time after replacing the fob battery, I didn't have that issue again. At the time, I though it to be a weird fluke.

Wondering in your case if perhaps the fob just needs to reconnect again with the car. Perhaps, maybe, when the cell phone interferes with the fob, the car basically needs to reconnect properly with the fob????? But then as others have stated it could and most likely is just a bad batch of batteries.
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)