Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Upgraded brakes will they fit

11K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Sunrunner 
#1 ·
Okay so I have read that the 2011-2014 200 shares suspension parts with the Avenger, Journey, short wheel base Dodge Caravan. Has any one tried installing the Dodge Journey heavy duty brake package on the 200? I know the HD brake package has 330mm rotors a 2 piston calipers as I just installed them on my 2010 Journey and they made a world of difference in the stopping distance and eliminated the typical brake fade associated with the Journey and was thinking if they would fit the 200. Anyone try it?

#3 ·
Too bad theres not any 2 piston caliper options for the gen2 200.

#4 ·
The key to this swap will be the caliper bracket for the front calipers, I was able to get my hands on a pair of Euro only BR2 caliper brackets that are made to put the 2 piston calipers on the 2008-2014 Avenger/Sebring/200 and space it out enough to clear the 13.4"/330mm rotors that were also used on the SRT4 Caliber. I've also bought the calipers, hoses, and hardware (using the vin for my Sister's 2014 Challenger R/T Classic) and bought R1 Concepts 330mm front rotors and semi-metallic pads for all corners. Just haven't been able to install them yet.

#7 ·
68185425AA is the part number used for the dual piston calipers. I've seen lots of sites carry this part now. I just ordered a pair for less the 90 bucks including shipping. The picture online looks like the single piston bracket but I'll verify when I get it physically.

#9 ·
I have the abutements (caliper brackets) and dual piston calipers, just waiting to get my 19" wheels installed first since they won't work with the stock 17" wheels I have. I got the calipers cheap at the junk yard (look for a charger, Challenger, etc with dual piston calipers) and I'm going to smooth, powder coat, and rebuild them before installing. The abutements I bought online at a Mopar parts site, but I don't remember which off the top of my head...I'll look through my emails and receipts and see if I can find it for you.

#12 ·
I am putting together the parts to add the dual piston calipers & big rotors to the wife's 2013 limited V6. I purchased the caliper carriers #68185425AA from Liberty Chrysler in Pataskala Ohio (https://www.libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com/parts/index.htm) They wanted my vin, but when I e-mailed back that I was using these to add big brakes they said "okay, fine" and shipped them. The sticker on the box shows they were made in June 2018, so they must be used on more vehicles than just the 2013 European 200.

The Calipers are used on any and all Charger RT 5.7 V8 from 2011 to 2019 (found at any parts house). The 340mm (13.4")rotors are from either a 2013-2014 Avenger RT V6 or a 2009 Caliber with Turbo, but I bought PowerStop drilled / slotted rotors #AR83073XPR and Raybestos EHT pads #1058H (G-G rated "Enhanced Hybrid Technology") from RockAuto.com. The hydraulic hoses are leftovers from my 2016 Charger SXT brake upgrade (part is the same on all Charger SE/SXT V6 from 2011 to 2019).

I'm just waiting on the rotors to arrive... Font Auto part
Red Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car
Auto part
Auto part Automotive brake part Automotive engine part Vehicle brake Automotive window part
Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Automotive brake part Clutch part

#16 ·
I am stoked reading about this (late to the party) but I recently went to Laps for Charity at VIR and had bad brake fade after 4 laps. Making this upgrade will be huge! I was also told ceramic pads are great for street use and low dust but perform worse under high heat applications such as track days.
SO....
68185425AA caliper brackets
Charger R/T calipers (slide bolts/pads)
Charger V6 hoses
Did I miss anything?

#18 ·
The original poster in this thread was making inquiries about the feasibility of using brake systems from another model of Chrysler for his 2011-2014 200. Your 2015-2017 200 has a different bolt pattern from the Avenger etc.

#23 ·
The whole project is moot without the 68185425AA brackets which I can't seem to get anywhere. Mopar national backorder with no ETA. Been PMing Polygon in classified section but no answer. Pretty much out of options. Would still love to do the upgrade but dead in the water as of now

#24 ·
Does anyone know Polygon or how to get in touch with him? Does anyone know if he still has the brackets? He has never answered his classified post or updated saying the parts were sold or not? I've tried a PM as well but he hasnt responded in a month. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.