Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so when I bought my 200 it had 17" stock wheels. Decided I wanted the 19's so ordered the oem black ones and mounted them. Got in the car lovin life until I heard a horrible grinding noise. After inspection I noticed the caliper bracket was digging into the backside of my rim 馃槨. I had to grind the edge of the bracket about an eighth inch or so but what the heck? This problem was only on the front. Rear wheels had plenty of clearance. I have a 2016 fwd 200 and rims where oem. Can anyone explain what is going on here?

Registered
You most likely already figured it out, Caliper size with the brakes on the 200 with the 19" were different due to the offset as for those with the 17"

Keeps me from downsizing to the 17" wheels. I love the way these 19" wheels look, but am getting to a point that it's just too jarring going over the bumps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
2 New Wheels on the way :) and this time adding some spacers. Good knowledge to know for anyone going from 17" to 19" stock wheels.

Registered
Anyone know if there鈥檚 a similar issue on the 2014鈥檚? I have stock 17s, but want to go to 19s after I finish my BR1 brake upgrade (18s minimum required)...I鈥檒l probably go with aftermarket wheels, but not sure...

Registered
Yes...im a little confused myself. OE wheels should be interchangeable 17 and 19. 19s are an option on some models...makes no sense to have the wheels dictate the caliper size from the factory? Im gonna check the Chrysler parts catalog tonite.

Registered
Yes...im a little confused myself. OE wheels should be interchangeable 17 and 19. 19s are an option on some models...makes no sense to have the wheels dictate the caliper size from the factory? Im gonna check the Chrysler parts catalog tonite.
.....So I found 2 different part#s for calipers and carriers. 305mm and 330mm rotors. No different part#s for wheels for 305mm or 330mm rotors. I'm still confused...

Registered
From what I have seen, all the 200s, no matter what year, are sold with various size brake rotors depending on rim size and all wheel drive. Fifteen mm is only a half inch in diameter which is only a 1/4" in clearance clarence.

Banned
You most likely already figured it out, Caliper size with the brakes on the 200 with the 19" were different due to the offset as for those with the 17"

Keeps me from downsizing to the 17" wheels. I love the way these 19" wheels look, but am getting to a point that it's just too jarring going over the bumps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts