Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum but I don't actually own a 200. I just finished doing some work on one. I had the most difficult time sourcing a tensioner pulley without the tensioner for this particular engine. The idler pulley was easy to get at the local parts houses. After some searching for the part number of the factory pulley F-392786.08-0300, I was able to confirm that a tensioner pulley from a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 L is the same 65 mm bearing and pulley used on the tensioner to the 2015 Chrysler 200 2.4 L and can be bought at the local typical parts houses. The tensioner was working perfectly fine so there was no need to replace it. The part number is for a Dayco 89161. If this has already been posted I apologize and if not I hope this helps a few others when doing a this repair.

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
I usually look at Mopar parts to see what is available first.
The part number listed for the pulley in post #1 wasn't a factory part number.
The tensioner, pulley and bolts are all available from any dealer parts counter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can appreciate that. I like to use factory parts whenever possible as well. I could not find the pulley being sold by itself from any source, just the tensioner and pulley assembly sold as a unit which is this part number 4627742AA. If you could provide the part number for the pulley without the tensioner I'm sure it would be appreciated by the members of the forum. When someone needs their car up and running by Monday, dealerships aren't open and they don't have around $100 bucks to spend on a pulley/tensioner combo I did what I could to help them out. I wanted to add pictures of the only two numbers I found on the pulley itself.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
The idler pulley can be serviced.
I believe that the automakers figure that if the tensioner pulley needs replacement, the tensioner pivot and spring should also be replaced. Hence servicing as a tensioner assembly.
Many other carmakers have the same way of thinking.
Pulleys can be replaced with aftermarket ones if desired.

For the 2015 200 and Cherokee with the V6, there was a TSB for tensioner pulley replacement due to noise (#07-001-16):

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good mechanic can test the serpentine belt tensioner. I've seen plenty of pullies fail and still have a good tensioner. Kinda like the one I repaired the other day. Interesting that Chrysler would offer the pulley separate from the tensioner on 2011 to 2014 200's but not on 2015+. Guess some manufacturers do believe just the pulley could fail. Coincidentally the 2011 to 2014 2.4 World Dual VVT engine and the 2015-2017 Tiger shark engine use the same pulley on the tensioner, part number 4627039AA which also crosses to part 89161 or any of the others in the picture. Here is the original site that helped identify which pulley is on the tensioner of a 2015 Chrysler 200 2.4 Multi air engine. Tensor Roller F-392786.08-0300 96440419 For Citroen Peugeot MINI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts