Chrysler 200 Forum banner

2.4 thermostat removal step by step

50K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Pendelton 
#1 ·
i have seen a lot of people asking how to do it. i do a few a week at the dealer. so here we go...
1. remove battery, 10 mm hold down. remove pcm bracket with pcm attached, 2 10 mm bolts. one is down towards the front of the motor.
2. remove big radiator hose from thermostat.
3. remove air pump. its above thermostat, 3 13mm bolts. pay close attention and make sure orings come off with pump.
4. remove 2 8 mm bolts and 2 10 mm nuts from throttle body bracket. it is mounted to thermostat as well.
5. remove front 2 thermostat bolts. 8 mm and 10 mm. once lower front bolt is removed, take pry bar and hammer and tap bottom large radiator hase clamp down to clear thermostat.
6. remove rear heater core hose clip. take small screw driver or pick and pop clip off hose. dont lose the clip or you are screwed.
7. tap thermostat downward and you can access the rear 10 mm bolt way easier now with just a wobble and short socket.
also i remove the pdc to have more access. but you dont have to. then just reverse steps to put back together.

#2 ·
This has been made a sticky

#4 ·
It's already in the correct section for 15-17 ...

#7 ·
What is the indicator this needs to be done? My OBD2 TOOL keeps showing me a p028 error sometimes when car is cold started on a cold morning.
Really dont wanna pay the dealership or this included in Mopar care plan. Bought 2015 200 in '17. Bought Mopar extended warranty and they wanna nickle and dime me on everything.

#9 ·
What abo
i have seen a lot of people asking how to do it. i do a few a week at the dealer. so here we go...
1. remove battery, 10 mm hold down. remove pcm bracket with pcm attached, 2 10 mm bolts. one is down towards the front of the motor.
2. remove big radiator hose from thermostat.
3. remove air pump. its above thermostat, 3 13mm bolts. pay close attention and make sure orings come off with pump.
4. remove 2 8 mm bolts and 2 10 mm nuts from throttle body bracket. it is mounted to thermostat as well.
5. remove front 2 thermostat bolts. 8 mm and 10 mm. once lower front bolt is removed, take pry bar and hammer and tap bottom large radiator hase clamp down to clear thermostat.
6. remove rear heater core hose clip. take small screw driver or pick and pop clip off hose. dont lose the clip or you are screwed.
7. tap thermostat downward and you can access the rear 10 mm bolt way easier now with just a wobble and short socket.
also i remove the pdc to have more access. but you dont have to. then just reverse steps to put back together.
what about pressurizing the coolant system? Can I just run the engine and top off the coolant?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.