Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I have two now myself, both are 2015 C AWD models with the 3.6L. My daily driver has nearly 90,000 miles on it now, and the one I recently purchased out of Colorado has all of the Tech Features and less than 29,000 miles on it. It has the E-85 gas cap though. The way it drove back from the Denver area, it didn't seem to have as much HP or Torque. I was thinking it was probably because the previous owner was using E-85. Once I got it home after having put a fresh tank of E-10 on the way back it ran a bit better. Now I have put a tank of Ethanol free in it along with a bottle of Sea Foam.
Colorado/Denver is higher altitude than Utah. I have done that drive several times and the car picks up in power after it's down at lower altitude. Nothing to do with E85.

E85 is proven to give you more torque than gasoline, not an opinion, it's just a fact. Don't start a debate, if you do, I will put a stop to it. I do recall some of your older posts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You can tell a 3.6 because it’s the one hanging with the R/T’s, until the governor kicks in that is. 🙂
Mine keeps goin! It goes too 11!

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
I have seen Chrysler 200 S' with the same rear bumper and exhaust outlets as mine, and some of them are 2.4's. I didn't know the 2.4 came with dual exhaust as an option.
I believe all "S" models came with the bright dual exhaust. Our's did, with the 2.4.
Here's an example:

http://www.thesharpestrides.com/vehicle.cfm?vehicleID=227406689&-2015-Chrysler-200

I think the E85 badge is a giveaway that it's a 2.4. I have never seen a V6 with one, although they do have the yellow fuel cap if equipped to run E85

Only 100% way to tell is an AWD badge (unless someone puts one on their FWD) because AWD is V6 only.
We don't have an E85 badge on the 200. Yet my Durango, with the 3.6 does have the E85 symbol of the fuel filler door.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Colorado/Denver is higher altitude than Utah. I have done that drive several times and the car picks up in power after it's down at lower altitude. Nothing to do with E85.

E85 is proven to give you more torque than gasoline, not an opinion, it's just a fact. Don't start a debate, if you do, I will put a stop to it. I do recall some of your older posts.
Bryce Canyon is over 8800 feet, Denver is 5280. Yes, CO has higher peaks, but much of UT has higher elevations than a lot of CO.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Mine keeps goin! It goes too 11![/QUOTE]

I have followed your thread on what you’ve done to your 200. I really want my limiter removed but I drive for a living and I know I’d want to see how fast it can go. I can’t really afford to loose my license. Lol great job on your mods!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have seen Chrysler 200 S' with the same rear bumper and exhaust outlets as mine, and some of them are 2.4's. I didn't know the 2.4 came with dual exhaust as an option.

Here's an example:

http://www.thesharpestrides.com/vehicle.cfm?vehicleID=227406689&-2015-Chrysler-200

I think the E85 badge is a giveaway that it's a 2.4. I have never seen a V6 with one, although they do have the yellow fuel cap if equipped to run E85

Only 100% way to tell is an AWD badge (unless someone puts one on their FWD) because AWD is V6 only.

Mines a 6 FWD 200c 2016 ! 😇

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Bryce Canyon is over 8800 feet, Denver is 5280. Yes, CO has higher peaks, but much of UT has higher elevations than a lot of CO.
Independence pass is 12,095 ft, in the valley as it's known - Denver - yes is only 5280, the "Mile High" city - heck even just Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 is 11,158 feet also in Colorado. Some of my family lives in the small town of Walden CO, that's 8100 feet above sea level - not really in "the mountains". But yeah 8800 feet for a pass... sure it's kinda high up - similar to I-25 going from Denver to Colorado Springs - also not in "the mountains".

Driving from Denver to Las Vegas Nevada going through Utah and Arizona, done that many times in many vehicles, it's noticeably different leaving Denver.

FACT: The mean or average elevation of Colorado is higher than any other state in the USA including Alaska, but Alaska has the highest peak. #2 is Wyoming and #3 is Utah.

The highest drag strip in the USA is right outside of Denver - Bandimere Speedway 5800 feet above sea level. Most (but not all) cities in Colorado are HIGHER than Denver.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Independence pass is 12,095 ft, in the valley as it's known - Denver - yes is only 5280, the "Mile High" city - heck even just Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 is 11,158 feet also in Colorado. Some of my family lives in the small town of Walden CO, that's 8100 feet above sea level - not really in "the mountains". But yeah 8800 feet for a pass... sure it's kinda high up - similar to I-25 going from Denver to Colorado Springs - also not in "the mountains".

Driving from Denver to Las Vegas Nevada going through Utah and Arizona, done that many times in many vehicles, it's noticeably different leaving Denver.

FACT: The mean or average elevation of Colorado is higher than any other state in the USA including Alaska, but Alaska has the highest peak. #2 is Wyoming and #3 is Utah.

The highest drag strip in the USA is right outside of Denver - Bandimere Speedway 5800 feet above sea level. Most (but not all) cities in Colorado are HIGHER than Denver.
Don't forget Mosquito Pass: 13,185 ft. Allegedly highest in US you can drive over (though preferably in vehicle with ORV ground clearance and low range transfer case, so definitely a bad idea in a Chrysler 200 :eek:). Did it in our '99 Grand Cherokee, though, back in 2001.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I like the V6 badge on the first gen 200, I should have done that.

At first glance the 1st gen 200 looks small (it looks smaller than the new one even though it's not), and looks like it couldn't come with a V6, whereas the newer one could be assumed turbo 4 or V6 by it's looks. What I am trying to say is that the first gen 200 looks more "sleeper" than the newer one.

I recall once at a car wash with my old 200, got into a conversation with someone that had an old 91 Dodge Spirit R/T - he asked me what was under the hood. He says "a V6 in that little car? I bet that thing moves"

·
Registered
30 Posts
The V6 is packed in there, all right. Hence the battery under the rear fender!
I wish it had a little more torque, though... Hardly burns rubber without using the hand brake.
(Don't get me wrong - I'm not a big burnout guy, but one would think 280 ponies would do better!)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts