Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to the 200 world and I know there is a lot of appearance mods between the 200 S vs super s. My question is how different is the suspension ride and ride height.

I found a 2011 Full loaded S with only 16l miles and I can get a pretty good deal but with my wife having the one in my sig I want to make sure that if the suspension is different is it that noticeable.

I I just want to make sure that if I were to get this it isn't going to feel like a completely different car.

Many wife's super s is fully loaded minus the uconnect 730 nav and no sunroof.

This one I am thinking about has nav and sun roof and the black grille and the black and silver wheels which I like.

Thanks in advanced

attached are a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry I missed the post. The biggest difference I found was the trim. The black honeycomb grill was only about $100 more to replace, which I did. The appalling part was matching up the brushed platinum hood trim. Mopar cost was $864. Original with victory wing was just over $200. I had my body man pull the wing, fill with apoxy and painted (Toyota C-11 Platinum ? I think it was). The Super S came with the splitter, but OEM one can be had for under $200. The fog lamp inserts, window trims, trunk insert and bumper insert were also painted platinum as above. All inserts painted cost me $225. With all the shiny chrome and shiny black gone, the only pieces of shiny chrome left on mine is the window 200 logos (black chrome on Super S) and Mopar wheel caps. The Super S also had the rear spoiler and lower rear round exhaust port valance (Crossfire), later replaced in 2014 with square exhaust ports.

Let me know when your wife is looking for a new car. If the timing is right, I would be interested in her 13.5

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought the Super S and maybe the Carhartt S were dropped a bit over the rest of the 200s and Avengers.
The Super S sits 1.5" lower than other trims, has a bit stiffer load rate and bigger anti sway bars. Basically the Super S is an Avenger R/T with different sheet metal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my red s vs my wifes super s and i looked and while spring rates may be different the front fender gap is barely different. the height from the floor to the mirror is about 1/2 inch different and same with the rear fender well to floor.

The sides have the skirt which makes for the look to be lower.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,077 Posts
If you are looking for a stiffer, slightly lower ride, replace springs & shocks with 'firm-feel' grade items.
The Super-S suspension was a 'system' of performance hardware, including wheels & tires.
If $1000-$2000 is worth it to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts