Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having a problem with my 2011 Chrysler 200 LX car. The power window for the rear passenger side window is broken (electronically or mechanically). I am not sure what the exact problem is but the when I use the switch on the rear door panel, the windows go down but it will not go up. I tried to raise the windows using the drivers controls but it doesn't seem to work. I do not think that there is power going to the switch because as I raise and lower the other windows in the car, the light dims slightly to signify a drainage in power but this does not happen for the rear door. The funny part is, is that it works sometimes but sometimes, it would not work. What I mean by work is that both driver and rear door switches will work for both raising and lowering of that back window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

The windows work when the driver uses his master switch to open and close the window but once the passenger adjusts that window, the window will only go down but not up. This will then lead to the driver not being able to lower and raise the window thereon... until who knows how long. At least 12 hours later, I was able to raise the window all the way up with the drivers controls but once I use the passengers control to lower the window, the drivers operations become inoperable - at this point, I can only lower the window with the passenger switch but not able to raise it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
From what you are describing (and I'm not a mechanic but I know electric controls) it sounds to me like the windings in the window motor are over heating or failing and the motor is losing the capacity to provide enough torgue to raise the window. After awhile the windings cool down and allow the window to operate. My theory that is based on if I read your post correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That may be infact true but I hate to be the devils advocate but as long as I use the driver side panel to open and close that certain window, I am fine with either opening or closing it as many times as possible. There is nothing wrong or nothing does go wrong. The weird thing is, is when the passenger uses that respective window panels switch to lower the window from completely closed, to say like half way, it makes the drivers switch and that passenger doors switch inoperable for a while.

This is the part where I am going to be the advocate, if you say that the window motor is going bad, wouldn't that mean that I wouldn't be able to operate the drivers switch for that window ineffectively?

Everything starts to go wrong once I use the passenger side panel. Though I can tell my friends and families to not touch the switch, someones bound to forget ~ and we'll end up having a very very cold "fan" during the winter time in the car even with the heat on full blast.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That may be infact true but I hate to be the devils advocate but as long as I use the driver side panel to open and close that certain window, I am fine with either opening or closing it as many times as possible. There is nothing wrong or nothing does go wrong. The weird thing is, is when the passenger uses that respective window panels switch to lower the window from completely closed, to say like half way, it makes the drivers switch and that passenger doors switch inoperable for a while.

This is the part where I am going to be the advocate, if you say that the window motor is going bad, wouldn't that mean that I wouldn't be able to operate the drivers switch for that window ineffectively?

Everything starts to go wrong once I use the passenger side panel. Though I can tell my friends and families to not touch the switch, someones bound to forget ~ and we'll end up having a very very cold "fan" during the winter time in the car even with the heat on full blast.
I apologize as I miss read your post. I agree it does indeed sound like a defective passenger switch as noted above. If you have passengers in the back I suggest using the master power window lock to prevent one from activating the window if you have a back seat passenger until you try replacing the switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to start off by thanking everyone for taking their time to assist me. I would just like to make sure about one thing, is the part number that you guys are referring to for the window switch "DWS1335"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some thing happens to me but with drivers windows. Went down but not back up. I thought it was the motor but one day it just started working. Haven't had any problems since

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rear defrost doesn't work on my 2012 Chrysler 200. Well, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Most of the to e it doesn't. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
532 Posts
The rear defrost doesn't work on my 2012 Chrysler 200. Well, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Most of the to e it doesn't. Any suggestions?
Hello Raigs,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your ongoing concern. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our team we are unable to assist customers outside of the United states. You can, however, reach out to Canadian Customer care for potential assistance if you are interested in getting this concern addressed with your dealer.
1-800-361-3700
Laura
ChryslerCares

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
508 Posts
This may best be started as a new topic instead of hijacking a power window topic.
When the rear defroster doesn't work, does the button's yellow LED still light but the rear window doesn't clear? Or does the yellow LED stay dark?
If it is a switch issue, the control pod should be easy enough to replace.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started my 2011 200, roll the windows down for fresh air. Few minutes later i proceeded to roll the windows up from from the driver door. they all went up but the drivers window. I tried to roll just the driver window up, and nothing. But it rolls down. All the other windows have no problem, just the driver window that won’t roll up but rolls down. And it started to rain, help

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
508 Posts
It sounds like either the master (driver door) switch or the wiring to the switch.
I have seen windows left down and the switch gets rained on (especially convertibles). This can start corrosion.
Sometimes a moderate fist thump on the door trim panel will get it working again.

·
Registered
811 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts