Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Chrysler 200 has the stock factory Media Center 130 (RES/RSC) head unit (without Uconnect). I was given a Navigation 430N (RHB) head unit from a Jeep Wrangler. Is it possible to just plug this 430N into the stock 130 harness? If so, what do I do with the lack of microphone? Is it possible not add just a basic microphone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, something doesn't work right. I am able to connect the radio; but, the car won't start and the radio won't turn on. Disconnect the radio and it all works right again. Apparently, the pin-out is different between the units.

Oh well...

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
If you can get wiring diagrams and connector pinouts, compare terminal functions. This probably isn't plugn'play.
For a microphone, you may need the hands-free module kit, wiring and rearview mirror.
The Wrangler radio still has the donor's VIN and may not work in other vehicles. The VIN may have to match yours for anti-theft reasons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realize this is an old tread. The problem is the can-bus. The 200 used the low speed can-bus up to 2014. The wrangler used the high-speed can-bus. The high-speed radio can-bus corrupted the car low speed can-bus and caused your issues.

200_S_AWD does bring up a point with the anti-theft; most nav units will require an anti-theft code but only prevents the radio from working and not the car from starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts