Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auto parts counter person scanned computer and it showed no signal from right front wheel sensor. I replaced right front hub and right front speed sensor cable and ABS light still on? Does it need to be reset? The dealer said hub was going bad at 200,300 miles and don’t have scanner so replaced both items. I have a Jeep Liberty and when I replaced the hub and wheel speed sensor cable the abs light immediately turned off. What do I need to do to reset abs light on this model?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,695 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There should no need to reset anything. Can you return to the parts store and see if the RF wheel speed sensor code is still 'active'?
Are they selling OEM parts?
It may be a wiring or ABS module issue? Always diagnose first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. There should no need to reset anything. Can you return to the parts store and see if the RF wheel speed sensor code is still 'active'?
Are they selling OEM parts?
It may be a wiring or ABS module issue? Always diagnose first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to AUTOZONE and the car was rescanned. Before replacing the right wheel hub and right speed senor cable the scanner only read no signal from right front abs. This time after replacing the parts it gave me the following laundry list: C102A RL Wheel Speed SNS.Performance, C1042 FR Wheel Speed Tone Performance, C101F FR Wheel Speed SNS.Performace, C101C Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Erratic Performance, C1043 Left Rear Tone Wheel Performance.

After my initial post the check engine light came on and the AUTOZONE scan read the following: Power Train System P0128 Coolant Thermostat. The speed sensor cable was not a Mopar/Chrysler OEM part nor was the right hub assembly. I had good luck replacing similar parts on my 2007 Jeep Liberty with aftermarket parts from Rock Auto and or Amazon. I have read somewhere that people were having problems with aftermarket ABS speed sensor cables? Maybe this is the reason for all the new error codes. The only thing I can think of doing is replacing the right front ABS sensor cable with a MOPAR cable. I had replaced the left front hub assembly several years ago with a Rock Auto part without any problems so I don't suspect the hub assembly is bad but the TONE ring I understand is built into back of the hub on this model and not on the axle shaft.

What should be my next move, punt and take it to the dealer or replace abs sensor cable with a Mopar part?

·
Administrator
1,695 Posts
With all these new codes, I would take a close look at the ABS module connector and body sheetmetal grounds in the area. Look for harness rub-through, corrosion, etc.

To release the ABS connector, pull up on the latch.

White Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Auto part

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a photo the the sheet metal grounds for this make and model? I will need to check them out. I am thinking it almost has to be the ABS harness since the new codes appeared after replacing it with an aftermarket part.

Have you heard of issues with ABS harnesses from aftermarket suppliers? The one I used was manufactured in China but looked and fit exactly like the original, but apparently not working like an OEM part. I am considering trying a Mopar replacement harness. List is $45, still better than a $130 diagnostic fee

·
Administrator
1,695 Posts
G106 should be 2 black wires from the ABS connector to a sheetmetal ground.

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6V6 Flex Fuel
1 Posts
Font Terrestrial plant Darkness Electric blue Monochrome photography

My repair solutions 2 software picked up these codes in this screenshot. I replaced the speed the wheel speed sensor and I still get the code C1042. Is the tone ring a part of the CV joint, the axle shaft, build into the hub or the wheel bearing?

·
Administrator
1,695 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried erasing the codes to see what comes back? These are 'stored' codes and might indicate 2 separate things going on (RF wheel speed sensor and over-charging issues).
Two separate things can go wrong at once, but it is much more common for one thing to go wrong and cause multiple faults.

Read the Possible Causes for each fault to see what they may have in common. Early diagnosis is a process of elimination.
From there, go in and start with a visual inspection of wiring and connectors. Is the RF tire worn more than the others or of a different size? Has anything been replaced so far?

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Screenshot

Font Rectangle Parallel Electric blue Screenshot

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Brand

Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel Slope

Light Product Rectangle Slope Line

1 - 9 of 9 Posts