Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an old post but I am crossing my fingers that someone is still reading it. I have a 2012 200 and while waiting for my husband the other day I took my wedding ring off to put some lotion off. The ring went right from my finger tips into the defroster vent. I could see it at first and tried to dig it out but only succeeded in knocking it further down. I could still see it though so I grabbed a tent stake from the trunk to fish it out and you guessed it, knocked it down into the abyss. I called the dealership to see how much it would cost for them to get it. I realize pulling the dash is more than a pain in the ars but I am not giving them $400+ to do it. So, my question is does anyone have any pictures of how to get into the pan where I am sure my ring is sitting? Better yet, does anyone have a suggestion, (besides leaving my rings on) that would make this retrieval easier?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have them. I sent you a private message.
By any chance do you still have the scans for the center console removal? Was curious because I may have to pull apart the dash to replace the heater core... I just got my 2012 c200 this year and shes been giving me some trouble that I really want to learn to fix myself instead of going to the dealerships to fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts