Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: we bought this car used and are curious if the hard to lift trunk lid is normal. Have considered replacing both struts but wanted to be sure it would help. Trunk lid lifts completely but it is not easy as a normal car. Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a 2012 soft top convertible and can confirm that the decklid is very heavy. I think it is normal so long as the lid remains up once you lift it there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello: we bought this car used and are curious if the hard to lift trunk lid is normal. Have considered replacing both struts but wanted to be sure it would help. Trunk lid lifts completely but it is not easy as a normal car. Thanks.
Hi, I have the 2014 200 hardtop convertible. The trunk lid is quite heavy, and more difficult to lift than other cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the 2014 hardtop droptop and, yes, the trunk is probably the safest place to be if you're on Chicago's south side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, the trunk of the 200 hardtop is quite heavy. I have a 2011 model that was bought new and has less then 19,000 miles it. The trunk is solid and the mechanics for the hardtop add to the weight of the lid. I wish that other parts of the car were as solid, but I am still pleased with my overall experience with this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts