Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have I believe I have a 2012 200 lx or touring has the 18in wheels and sunroof, then basically no other packages.
But onto the main topic my radio only works when it wants to no cd, no sirius or am/FM. Randomly it will work on some mornings when i start it or I'll get poping with about 5 seconds of sound and it continues. So I need to replace it.
Ita the res stock system that has sirius, no amp in the glove box so I'm trying to figure out what exactly i need to replace the head unit with something else. Most likely putting something cheap in. Just need a list of what i would need so i can have music again thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it isn't just a loose plug on the back of the radio?
Positive already tried that as well as checked fuses. Would just like to replace and be done with it at this point. Just need to know exactly what I need to buy in order to instal a new stereo as everything I've read has given different answers.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
347 Posts
The RES is a common corporate radio. A good used one shouldn't be hard to find.
Your satellite radio subscription code may have to be entered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RES is a common corporate radio. A good used one shouldn't be hard to find.
Your satellite radio subscription code may have to be entered.
I would rather go aftermarket as I can find better options for my beeds that way, but might go junk yard digging and see if I can just find a stock unit. I would just prefer touch screen but at this point I'm lucky if the radio works once a day so I will probably just grab anything. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts