Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013 limited 3.6. 65K miles. 2nd owner, well maintained. A few months back, CEL comes on and key dance shows a P0520 code. Had the car serviced, changed oil, and oil pressure was fine. Since then, CEL comes and goes but never shows a code now. Key dance cycles through and says "done" in the odometer display with no code. Thinking of replacing the oil pressure sensor but due to the labor involved it's costly. I think the part is only around 40 bucks, but have to take the intake off, etc to get at it which pushes the job over $300. My gut tells me since there is no more P0520 code, replacing the pressure sensor should probably be done anyway, but might not clear the recurring CEL. Oh and it only seems to come on when doing a series of short trips.....i.e. running several short errands and turning car on/off seems to produce the CEL, and then a couple longer trips seems to clear it. Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Apparently a common problem according the Chrysler tech who has a youtube channel. Here is a vid I found about a shortcut method to replace this sensor in a minivan with a transversely mounted Pentastar. I don't know specifically whether the same shortcut will work on the first gen 200 but it might. You might want to check out some other videos by the same guy - he has a bunch and they're well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0Sjp3AcAc&list=PLM_FgFcXdM5r7IL3GoEoGLqGfFWT-en3A&index=4&t=0s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the exact same thing happen on my 2013 Limited with 66k on it. Code came up 2 days after oil change at Chrysler dealership. Most annoying thing was I couldn’t remote start car and cool it off before getting in. $323 at dealership after I negotiated it down from $375. Took less than an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts