Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 3.6 200 and I'm wanting it to be only a little louder and more aggressive, nothing too loud or crazy. I'm thinking about just deleting the resonator but from what I've read, that'll give me a drone and I'd like to have as little drone as possible at around highway speeds. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2013 3.6 200 and I'm wanting it to be only a little louder and more aggressive, nothing too loud or crazy. I'm thinking about just deleting the resonator but from what I've read, that'll give me a drone and I'd like to have as little drone as possible at around highway speeds. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?
I have a muffler delete and removed resonator on my 2012 200 S and it sounds great. Other car owners with actual aftermarket exhausts always ask what I have done to it.

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
I did a resonator delete on my 13' 200S V6, my first of 3 200's - no drone.

Reactions: TrailRated43

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an auburn 2013, Chrysler 200 LX and boy has it ever had some rough luck. march 2017 it was stolen and taken for a joy ride, they tried to part it out but didn't get further than exterior parts like mirrors and what not before deciding to joy ride it. anyway 8,000 in repairs later, i got my car back. then this march (2018) i was side swiped and put up onto a median covered in ice from snow ploughs.. i also hit a street sign during the crash, this dented the side body, and maybe damaged the underside of my ride. that was another 6800 in repairs. totalling 14,500 in repairs to a car i paid 11,000. so i m stuck with her, which is fine i like the car enough, but im looking for some upgrades i could do to her to make her feel like mine again. its been mechanically inspected thrice, insurance covered everything. its a standard 2.4L GEMA engine with stock everything. I'm curious about increasing exhaust or air intake... or maybe a strut bar, or... maybe i should ask you guys, seems every forum i find about chrysler 200 upgrades has a slew of comments saying just sell the car. will this one be different? thats up to your imagination because im new at this and need help ha.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an auburn 2013, Chrysler 200 LX and boy has it ever had some rough luck. march 2017 it was stolen and taken for a joy ride, they tried to part it out but didn't get further than exterior parts like mirrors and what not before deciding to joy ride it. anyway 8,000 in repairs later, i got my car back. then this march (2018) i was side swiped and put up onto a median covered in ice from snow ploughs.. i also hit a street sign during the crash, this dented the side body, and maybe damaged the underside of my ride. that was another 6800 in repairs. totalling 14,500 in repairs to a car i paid 11,000. so i m stuck with her, which is fine i like the car enough, but im looking for some upgrades i could do to her to make her feel like mine again. its been mechanically inspected thrice, insurance covered everything. its a standard 2.4L GEMA engine with stock everything. I'm curious about increasing exhaust or air intake... or maybe a strut bar, or... maybe i should ask you guys, seems every forum i find about chrysler 200 upgrades has a slew of comments saying just sell the car. will this one be different? thats up to your imagination because im new at this and need help ha.
Get an Evo X intake manifold. That will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts