Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has already been asked but I wasn't able to find this exact question in all the discussion posts even though it seems so simple.

I've had to replace the blend door actuators on my 2013 Chrysler 200 3 different times over the last 9 years, and multiple other small random items, and now I believe I have to do it a 4th time. I'm aware there are 3 blend door actuators in total. I've replaced the parts needed that control the fan speed and I've replaced the one that controls the location of where the air flows (i.e., feet, dash, etc.) - I've actually done this one twice now. However, now my temp control doesn't work and ALWAYS blows cold air regardless of where it's set. I've looked and inspected under the hood to make sure it's not a larger issue where my car isn't producing heat at all, but that wasn't case (in fact I've even replaced all the thermostats over the last year) yet the heat just is not coming into the cabin of the car. I've tried looking up the door actuator that controls this 'knob' but I'm finding conflicting information.

Are all blend door actuators the same piece but just used in different locations within the dash OR is there a specific actuator just for this function (AC/heat)?

I thought they were all the same however I bought one a while back thinking it was the correct piece but the individual I had install it told me it was the "wrong door actuator" and wouldn't work. I thought, at that time, he was feeding me a bunch of BS, but now I'm questioning it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

· Registered
347 Posts
They are all the same actuators.

I would suggest OEM/Mopar only as I had an aftermarket one fail within a year. The mopar is a bit more expensive but less that the cost of 2 failed aftermarket, There is also a fit issue with some. I had to trim/file the aftermarket one for it to fit properly (and then the blasted thing failed). The mopar one set in place perfectly (and includes new screws in the event one of them jumps behind the carpet :rolleyes:).

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,083 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Actuators are a trouble spot because of fragile plastic gears inside. Three blend actuators seems high. The blend, mode & recirculation door actuators are all the same part number and are interchangeable.
I hope that this is the problem this time and not something more serious like a clogged heater core. We've had a run on them as we do in the Winter.
A quality actuator is important. What ggoose above says.
You can look up 'heater problems' in the Search Community at the top of the page to see what others have found.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all the same actuators. I would suggest OEM/Mopar only as I had an aftermarket one fail within a year. The mopar is a bit more expensive but less that the cost of 2 failed aftermarket, There is also a fit issue with some. I had to trim/file the aftermarket one for it to fit properly (and then the blasted thing failed). The mopar one set in place perfectly (and includes new screws in the event one of them jumps behind the carpet :rolleyes:).
Good to know! Thank you for the info!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Actuators are a trouble spot because of fragile plastic gears inside. Three blend actuators seems high. The blend, mode & recirculation door actuators are all the same part number and are interchangeable.
I hope that this is the problem this time and not something more serious like a clogged heater core. We've had a run on them as we do in the Winter.
A quality actuator is important. What ggoose above says.
You can look up 'heater problems' in the Search Community at the top of the page to see what others have found.
I will definitely do that! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts