Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 and started having issues with the windshield wipers. The wipers won't turn off right away even after I turn them off, they will continue for at least 10-12 more swipes and then randomly stop in the middle of my windshield and other times I stop about 3-4 inches above where they are "supposed" to stop. Same problem happens if I use my sprayer. They would usually only swipe 2 times but now they will continue to swipe and then randomly stop in the middle of my windshield. I'll have to turn the nob to the on/off position a few times to get them to go down but they still don't go all the way down. They just sit 3-4 inches above where they are supposed to be. The speed they move is also affected - I can put them on intermittent speed but they will run with no pause in between.

I can't seem to find a direct answer on the issue. Unsure if it's a faulty relay, faulty switch, and issue with the motor, etc. Help would be appreciated before I go and spend $$$$.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There is a 'park' switch inside the wiper motor that is supposed to stop the wiper motor when the arms reach their lowest position. If the park switch stays closed (grounded), the wipers will continue to sweep.

When the park switch opens, the wipers will come to a stop. It sounds like the park switch is opening sporadically if the wipers stop on the glass.

I suspect that the problem is inside the motor assembly. There is no service for the park switch other than wiper motor replacement.
If you have a fault code B2304 in the TIPM (totally integrated power module), that would help confirm the park switch short to ground (low). It may take an advanced scan tool to read TIPM codes as they are not OBD2 codes. Note the Possible Causes listed for B2304. The TIPM or wiring can fail, but I would suspect the problem is internal to the wiper motor.
Always diagnose first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts