Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I noticed my drivers side heated seat light is not working. I'd rather not pay the dealership a $100 deductible to have it replaced per my warranty. Is this an easy fix i can do? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks and sorry of this isn't in the right place, this is my first post on here.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Tonight I noticed my drivers side heated seat light is not working. I'd rather not pay the dealership a $100 deductible to have it replaced per my warranty. Is this an easy fix i can do? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks and sorry of this isn't in the right place, this is my first post on here.
If you decide to take it to the dealer and need further assistnace, please feel free to DM me. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anything new on this. The drivers seat warmer illumination light is out. Any ideas on replacing or do I have to replace the switch?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had the bezel off last night so pulled the switch assembly out and carefully took it apart.The bulbs are not LED and close inspection with a magnifier I can see the broken element in each one...unfortunately the bulbs are non-replaceable..for most people.If you are handy with a soldering iron,then new bulbs can be bought and resoldered back onto the board.Look on Ebay for grain of wheat t3 3mm bulbs. I ordered my bulbs tonight.

You could def tell those 3 lights had gotten pretty hot as they discolored the small socket they sit in...they sit in a small socket that is soldered to the pcb on the edges..the long wires on the lights go through the socket,underneath it,then up the side of the socket and just terminate and push into side of socket...so the wires on the light is what is act soldered to the pcb. The 2 heated seat and the trac cont switches have a blue rubber cover that totally covers the light and contacts the board when you push the switch(why the yellow light shining through blue shows up as green),but the 4-way flasher light doesn't have this big cover,just a red sock over the light,and the socket on that one looks like new so obviously thats why the others get so hot,they are totally covered,stupid. I should have maybe bought the green lights and cut the cover around the light,oh well.

I pulled the 3 burnt lights off and plugged the unit back i and tested the pcb for power at the spot for the lights and had power,so def all it is, is burnt out lights.

I'll try and get a few pics when I get the bulbs and install them...I may not even use the sockets,just solder the lights right to the pcb,they may breathe a bit better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okay,I FINALLY got around to soldering in some new bulbs,and can now say it looks like it should. I didn't reuse the sockets the bulbe went in,I just soldered the lights right to the board hoping they won't get as hot.

The unit is screwed to the back of the radio bezel with 4 small torx screws,then it is held together with 6 tabs around it that you just use a small screwdriver to pry it open.Then you are left with this,
1.jpg

Now to remove the blue covers ,you push the little tabs sticking through the back,and you're left with this,
2.jpg and you can see the 3 small lights that are in a square socket on the board,and how burnt they are compared to the middle one for the 4 way flashers.

Now they'd been so hot,i hardly had to touch the square sockets to get them off,just a little twist and they popped right off without using the soldering iron.

I didn't have to add any solder to the pads on the board as there was still enough on them,just lightly tinned the wires on the new lights and carefully soldered them on the board.It will look like this,
3.jpg

Now reassemble everything,dont forget the blue covers...when snapping the black housings back together,try and hold them straight and push straight down.

Now you'll have gone from this,
4.jpg

To this..
5.jpg

Pretty easy job...sounds harder than it is..Any questions just ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts