Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 200 Limited Hardtop Convertible. When I open the drivers door the window automatically drops about a quarter inch and then when I close the door it pops back up to seal the car. What is happening now is before I can close the door the window pops up and then the top of the window hits the roof and it sounds like the glass is about to break. Luckily it has not. Has anyone had this situation and how did you correct the problem, Thank You in advance for any and all help. Bill

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
Have you tried a Smartglass clear & relearn? See attached.
Smartglass may forget its positions if the battery was discharged.

Attachments

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
45 Posts
It sounds to me like that computer thinks the door is closed sometimes while it's still open. I would look for obstruction on the limit switch that tells the car that the door is open.

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
Agree. Does the key-in chime and interior courtesy lamps work OK when the drivers door is open?

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
If the Smartglass can't learn or hold the correct stop position, perhaps the glass upstop is damaged or shifted adjustment?

·
Registered
71 Posts
This link has a procedure for relearning the smartglass feature tat does not require the scan tool

Alternately, you can force a relearn (found this on another site and copied). Used it when my front window was stopping too soon and showing above the weather strip

CLEAR/DENORMALIZE, RELEARN/NORMIALIZE WITHOUT A SCAN TOOL

With the ignition in the run position hold up/down the window switch for at least 30 seconds until the DTC is set for stuck switch. This will clear the memory of the calibration information. Proceed to relearn/normalize.

1.​
Put a battery charger on vehicle.​

NOTE:
The convertible top must be completely closed and locked during this procedure.

NOTE:
Both doors need to be completely closed when starting this step.

2.​
Sit in the driver seat and close the door.​

3.​
Move the driver window part way down.​

4.​
Using the Power Top Switch, raise the window to full up position and continue to hold the top switch for additional two seconds.​

5.​
Using the window switch, lower the driver window to the full down position and continue to hold the switch for additional two seconds.​

6.​
Raise the window to the full up position.​

7.​
Verify that the window drops approximately 1/4 inch when the door opens, and raises when door closes. If window does not drop or raise, repeat procedure starting at step 3.​

You can disregard the portion about clearing the dtc's they won't hurt anything as they'll store and eventually delete themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts