Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can help me I have a 2014 chrysler 200 tires on it now are 225/50/18 does anyone know if 245/45/18 would fit?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Not on the OEM rims, 235/50R18 does and if you buy good, quality All Season performance tires in that size, you should see an improvement in ride and handling both. I've run BFG Comp 2 A/S (Z-Rated) and currently have Firestone Firehawk A/S (V-Rated) in the above size and really liked both. I did find that the 'Stones have worn better and still offer good grip in most conditions while when even down to the bars, those BFGs are great in the rain. Something else too, the 'Stones don't look nearly as agressive as the BFGs do, if that is a thought. I got several confused questions about those BFGs since they look super agressive on my 200, which otherwise doesn't look much different that the ones Enterprise used to rent out, and would just baffle people while the 'Stones are much more suttle and better hide the extra width of the 235 tires. If you have the 3.6l, you can still spin both from a dig, but they both hook far better from a roll and and the car rides and handles better than the T-Rated Eagle LS2s it had from the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks for the help what about if I decide to get 17inch rims and tires would that work or any 17in sizes that would

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
You will want a tire that will work with the width of the rim, as an example, the tires I've bought have a rim width range of 6.5" or 7" to around 9" or 10", but a 245/45r18 will typically require a rim that is minimum 7.5" or wider, while the OEM 18" wheels are 7" wide. Since there would be more sidewall with a 17" wheel on our cars (stock was 225/55r17 and I believe the rim was 7" wide as well), you might get away with more tire on those than on the same with, but 18" rim.

One really good way to learn about the tires you are interested in is to check out TireRack.com, they will have pretty much any info you will need on their site AND have a 1-800 line for human interaction. No matter what you decide to do, spend the cash and get the best tires you can afford in the best size possible, those 4 little contact patches are all that connects your car to the ground and can hurt the car's abilities if the choice is "cheap, black, round, holds air, cheap, and not to mention cheap". Even if you only have the basic 4 cylinder engine, but happen to have the 18" wheels, I do highly recommend those Firestone Firehawk A/S tires in 235/50VR18 I'm currently running on my 2012 with the V6. The price is good and the performance is as well, especially for that price point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts