Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden, a couple of weeks ago, my factory backup camera went black (no one put electrical tape over it) and now it tells me to check surroundings, but no view and no guide bars. From what I've read, dealers will rip me off for $400. In fact, Northwest Chrysler in Houston won't even reply to my service emails asking for an estimate. Is it possible to have this repaired outside of a Chrysler dealer? Also, should I use the money to replace what I've read is a very failure-prone OEM camera with one of the same OR install a permanent front and rear dash cam combo and HOW MUCH should I expect to pay from an auto electronics shop, parts and labor included? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2013 limited hardtop convertible. They did not offer a rear camera when I bought it so I had one installed at a local car.stereo shop soon after I bought it. It has worked flawlessly since them up intil about a month ago when the camera failed: blank screen with "check your surroundings" message. Went back to the shop where I bought it and they said the camera went bad. Had to replace the camera and wiring. Cost $300. Maybe a better option than going back to your dealer. Get a quote.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your wiring, the video wire may of split or been cut if so you can replace the wire and camera yourself. My 2013 had one but the wire was one that ended broken. I got a kit off ebay for 100 dollars and in about an hour of time I had it working again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
rnenrnk
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing