Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year and which engine?

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
It is tight in there. I use a ratcheting tensioner wrench (15mm) that is very low profile to get in there. Pull the RF wheel and remove the splash shield to help with access.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
The removal instructions describe no clearance issues.

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Slope

Font Line Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is tight in there. I use a ratcheting tensioner wrench (15mm) that is very low profile to get in there. Pull the RF wheel and remove the splash shield to help with access.

Thank you for this info 200. I also have a 2015 Chrysler 200S with 3.6. No problem yet at 27,000 miles but they do wear out. I did not know there was a special tool.

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Some made a cold noise, some didn't.
That tool is the only thing shallow enough to fit the tensioner bolt head.
Chrysler 3.6L had a few years ('11-'15) where this was a possible issue

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had to loosen the top motor mount slightly to bring that side of the engine down to get the bolt out. There was no way it was coming out otherwise. (2015 3.6)
That's what I was wondering about. According to the manual that was posted earlier, there is no mention of lowering engine. If that's the case I don't know if I want to mess with it. I would rather have the dealer do it then. If that's necessary, how much work is it? Seems like a really silly engineering goof if that's the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts