Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum, I have recently purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200 C 3.6 V6 and I want to make my car a bit louder than it is. I've seen videos of my exact car and they sound excellent. I'm wondering if anyone could give me some inside about it? I've only heard it. I took my car to a 'muffler' auto care center shop and they quoted me about $400 for a muffler delete which I think is insane. My buddy said it should cost no more than $150-200. Has anyone done a muffler delete on this car before? What did it cost you? And how satisfied were you?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Check out the numerous youtube video's on this subject. You can get an idea on how it sounds, costs at different shops and such. There are owners on this site that have done this in the past, I'm even thinking of doing it now since the warranty is gone on my 200.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen some video, but the shop I went to, the guy told me it would sound TERRIBLE and that it's a very unpleasant sound. Maybe that guy didn't know what he was talking about lol but I'm not sure just lookin for info.

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
What sounds terrible to some sounds like music to others. I won't ever do a resonator delete again but maybe a muffler delete or change from the stock muffler to a high-performance one. Probably not much gain besides the weight loss (I hear the stock muffler is very heavy) and the sound.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I paid $750 for the Magnaflow cat-back system. Sold the O.E. For $350. I am very happy, w the sound and performance. So glad I didn't go w the delete. Not a fan. Search the net and tube and pic your flavor!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the muffler with a high flow aftermarket one and the portion of pipe that is flattened near the rear suspension. I also added a performance intake to get more air in it. (I get better MPH now, up to 36 on the freeway). Its not overly loud but sounds way better. You could always delete the resonator (not recommended) to make it louder. I think I paid about $250 for the exhaust. Find a local exhaust shop not a chain store, they tend to have better pricing. The reason the guy told you it would sound terrible is because most are used to hearing that v8 sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With the deletes does the car pass inspection? I’m in mass.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts