Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the abs, traction control, parking brake and engine lights came on, and service transmission and parking brake messages popped up, then goes into limp mode. Seems like its a wire harness or electrical anyway for all that to happen at once. Just wondering if it happened to anyone else and if it something I could fix before I take it to shop.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
802 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Have the modules scanned for fault codes and let us know what they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums, Have the modules scanned for fault codes and let us know what they are.
thought the battery was problem too, replaced it, 3 days old, thought maybe alternator too, but output stays around 14.5 when running. I have a scanner engine module codes that came up were U1409 and U1504- A/T module code was U1412.

·
802 Posts
I suspected that there would be 'U' codes. The multiple warning lights would be from a 'loss of (CAN C bus) communication' between the modules. This will likely need dealer diagnosis for CAN C bus communication issues.

U1409:
U1409-IMPLAUSIBLE LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED
Set Conditions:
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) gets an implausible signal over the CAN C circuit from the ABS Module.

U1504:
U1504-IMPLAUSIBLE MESSAGE DATA LENGTH RECEIVED FROM STEERING ANGLE SENSOR
The COMMUNICATION DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE MUST be performed before replacing any component(s) or module(s). Perform the COMMUNICATION DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE.

U1412:
U1412-IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED
Theory of Operation

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives wheel speed and wheel distance CAN C bus messages from the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) module.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would just replace the PCM myself
I suspected that there would be 'U' codes. The multiple warning lights would be from a 'loss of (CAN C bus) communication' between the modules. This will likely need dealer diagnosis for CAN C bus communication issues.

U1409:
U1409-IMPLAUSIBLE LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED
Set Conditions:
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) gets an implausible signal over the CAN C circuit from the ABS Module.

U1504:
U1504-IMPLAUSIBLE MESSAGE DATA LENGTH RECEIVED FROM STEERING ANGLE SENSOR
The COMMUNICATION DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE MUST be performed before replacing any component(s) or module(s). Perform the COMMUNICATION DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE.

U1412:
U1412-IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED
Theory of Operation

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives wheel speed and wheel distance CAN C bus messages from the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) module.
Thank You, I would replace the PCM myself if I knew for sure that was the problem, it would cost around $250 for a programmed one, but I wouldn't be to happy if I did that and it wasn't the problem. Better take it, thanks for your help.

·
802 Posts
I agree. Always diagnose first.
A module can fail, but wouldn't be my first guess. In the troubleshooting tests, it is usually 'the last house on the block'.
I would more suspect a CAN C bus issue first. Anyways, I would have to rule a bus issue out first, before blaming modules and I would want to use a scan tool that could interrogate all the involved modules on the CAN network.

For vehicle communication problems, use the scan tool to refer to the Network Review Screen. The screen depicts a high level view of the vehicle network. Fault and problem areas appear in red. Selecting any of the network components allows access to the source of the prob​

• If multiple communication DTCs are set, diagnose the DTCs in the following order unless instructed to do so by the specific DTC procedure:
    1. CAN Bus Off
    2. CAN Bus Off Performance
    3. Lost Communication
    4. Implausible or Invalid Data
    5. Missing Message
    6. Other

U1409 Possible Causes:

POSSIBLE CAUSES
VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR DTC ACTIVE IN ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE​
CAN C BUS CIRCUIT SHORTED​
CAN C BUS CIRCUIT OPEN​
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE (ABS) MODULE​
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)​

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update for anyone this happens to, took vehicle to dealer and they found a bad front left wheel speed sensor, and a bad electronic throttle body control module. Had extended warranty, paid the $100 deductible, bill was $900.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts