Chrysler 200 Forum banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I own a 2015 200 S with 9k miles. Driving home from work Wednesday at highway speeds I got a message that said "Service Transmission" as well as a check engine light. When I tried to accelerate it would not shift out of 8th gear and the paddle shifters would not shift either. I came to a red light eventually and pulled to the side. Once green I realized I had very little power. I shut the car off and restarted it to find the CEI light still on but the transmission message gone. I drove slowly to the dealer where after two days of reprogramming the TCM they say that they have ordered a valve body for the transmission and it will be done next week. I see there are many issues with these transmissions. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have read a few posts that say some people needed a whole new transmission. I am just worried the dealership is just guessing at the issue. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Yes sir I have same problem with my car please tell me what can I do my phone number is +16473904602 please msg me on phone

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
Yes sir I have same problem with my car please tell me what can I do my phone number is +16473904602 please msg me on phone
The only thing you can do right now is have the dealer inspect the vehicle. It should have stored some fault codes and there are a couple of recalls that need to be checked to see if they were done.
Begin your search here: Motor Vehicle Safety Recalls Database

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I started having a problem with the tranny slamming in to 5th gear, when the car wasn't accelerating, just coasting. Took it to a dealership and they determined that the valve body needed to be replaced. They replaced it last week, under warranty (90,000 km) and it works like a charm. Good job Chrysler.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I started having a problem with the tranny slamming in to 5th gear, when the car wasn't accelerating, just coasting. Took it to a dealership and they determined that the valve body needed to be replaced. They replaced it last week, under warranty (90,000 km) and it works like a charm. Good job Chrysler.
I bet they also did a software update to cure the 5th gear slamming issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I own a 2015 200 S with 9k miles. Driving home from work Wednesday at highway speeds I got a message that said "Service Transmission" as well as a check engine light. When I tried to accelerate it would not shift out of 8th gear and the paddle shifters would not shift either. I came to a red light eventually and pulled to the side. Once green I realized I had very little power. I shut the car off and restarted it to find the CEI light still on but the transmission message gone. I drove slowly to the dealer where after two days of reprogramming the TCM they say that they have ordered a valve body for the transmission and it will be done next week. I see there are many issues with these transmissions. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have read a few posts that say some people needed a whole new transmission. I am just worried the dealership is just guessing at the issue. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey so I have the same model as you but mine is awd not sure if we’ve got the exact same but I’m currently having the same issue where it won’t go out of 4th and put itself into limp mode and says service transmission and engine light came on in trying to figure pricing what it may be what the best route is to take. It’s also out of warranty so you can see my dilemma I bought it in may so I’ve had it for about 5-6 months now and don’t know what to do I feel like I’m in a pickle at this point

401 - 406 of 406 Posts