Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
427 Posts
Thank you for mentioning the importance of using the correct coolant for the application. Chrysler used HOAT coolants until 2012, then changed over to OAT coolants. There may be a label under the hood or in the owners manual stating which coolant is required.
Do not mix coolant types. I shudder when I see the 'Universal' premixed coolants in the grocery store that state: For ALL cars.
Coolant doesn't have to be Mopar brand, but the HOAT must meet Chrysler MS-9769G. The OAT must meet Chrysler MS-12106. MS=Material Standard.
If you dilute the coolant 50/50, do so with clean distilled or very soft water. No chemical additives are necessary, although Mopar does sell stop-leak pellets. I shy away from stop-leaks because of potential heater core plugging issues.
A word on safety. If you are under the car, use a jack stand. The car should be on a firm and level surface. Although embittered, keep pets and children away from the drained coolant. Dispose of properly. Old coolant is collected at most shops and recycled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts