Chrysler 200 Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
COOL!! So I did all my mods before the tune. I lost throttle response because of the reduction in back pressure. a slight in increase in hgwy mileage and mid range power. My base tune was turning the speed limiter and torque vectoring off. Increased the ignition timing +5 degrees. The computer will adjust too the new air/fuel mix. The speed limiter lives up to its name. cut off is 117mph and it starts kicking in around 90mph so its gradual. Thats where the benefits of your mods are in their sweet spot. w the tune, throttle response was back better than before and mid and top end power can be maximum. You can do more timing and degree cams too bring even more power sooner but i didnt go that far. Plus I run 93 octane for a cleaner engine and prevent detonation from the advanced timing. Plus it makes a little more power. I think it runs great now. Id guess around a 20+ hp gain in the end.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
......having said all that, without tuning you lose low end power and mileage w a slight increase in mid power and mileage. No top end benefit because of the limiter. Sounds better.
Your at the crossroads for a tune. Leave it if your happy. If you go further w a cat back exhaust and full c.a.i., you'll def need a tune to get the max benefits. It will be more sluggish down low and no difference mid and top. Have fun!

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
140 Posts
hey revive the thread
so what would i really gain from a tune all ive done so far is rpm torque tube and k&n drop-in
oh i'm in a 3.6 awd and some kind of aftermarket muffler was on car when i bought it dont know what it it
Add a ported throttle body and you can run these times :

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Those are great times!! Nice job!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Add a ported throttle body and you can run these times : View attachment 56545
Have you had your car on a dyno? You seem too be making some good power? There's a 94 Acura for sale on Craig w an NSX motor and ecu and tuned claiming 380whp and 370ftlbs. Has a dyno chart on add but too me, looks like a turbo'd motor? From a 3.2 v6 DOHC? 94 NSX is 252HP at the crank.

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
140 Posts
Have you had your car on a dyno? You seem too be making some good power? There's a 94 Acura for sale on Craig w an NSX motor and ecu and tuned claiming 380whp and 370ftlbs. Has a dyno chart on add but too me, looks like a turbo'd motor? From a 3.2 v6 DOHC? 94 NSX is 252HP at the crank.
Haven't been on a dyno yet. Still working on the launch RPM .

81 - 86 of 86 Posts