Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was driving on the highway this morning my service transmission light came on. The next exit was where I needed to get off anyway but realized I was stuck in 8th gear. I pulled over and attempted to put the vehicle in park and even though the selector was in park, the cluster showed a message that it wasn’t in park, and the emergency brake engaged.

I had a Bluetooth OBDII scanner in the glovebox so I ran a diagnostic scan. P0934 Hydraulic Pressure Sensor Circuit Low.

After poking around under the hood for a bit, I realized that the sensor/wiring I was looking for was likely under the vehicle and inaccessible in that situation.

I started the car again and it shifted gears, a little rough but it wasn’t stuck in 8th or limp mode. The service transmission light remained, along with the error code.

I’m looking for any tips on how to proceed or what part I might need to replace. I’ve been googling but can’t seem to land on anything solid.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Do you know this car's past history, such as updates or recalls performed?
Any extended warranties or service contracts? Always diagnose first.
Rule out the Possible Causes below to narrow down the list to your culprit.
The Yl/DB and Yl/Vt wires between the PCM/TCM and the transaxle must be secure and undamaged.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

Rectangle Parallel Font Plot Slope

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

I hope that it doesn't have an outcome like this one:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. Do you know this car's past history, such as updates or recalls performed?
Any extended warranties or service contracts? Always diagnose first.
Rule out the Possible Causes below to narrow down the list to your culprit.
The Yl/DB and Yl/Vt wires between the PCM/TCM and the transaxle must be secure and undamaged.
I’m posting from mobile so I apologize if this isn’t formatted properly. I’m the original owner. To the best of my knowledge all recalls/updates have been performed. Original and extended warranty have both timed out.
I did see that other thread and hope I’m not in that situation. I started the car up to move it to a flat surface and it is now shifting straight to 4th, which is not comforting. I’ll see if I can get under it and check wiring connections and cable integrity. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts