Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 200 S AWD and 2016 Cadillac ATS4 performance 2.0T
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 2015 S with halogen projectors and fog lights (not the upgraded) I could have sworn that the LED strips on the front and back would always stay in when the headlights were in the Auto position. However I noticed today they are not on. am I crazy?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Some had the option, some didn't. Canadian 200s used them for DRL?
Some DRL can be enabled in Settings. Some can be enabled with the WiTech2, some can't.
I was able to enable 'Combination lighting' with the WiTech2, which lights the amber turn signal lamps along with the white LED strip. The parking lights have to be turned on, but it is strikingly beautiful when lit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
WiTech is FCA's propriatary diagnostic/service software. When you take your car to the dealer and they plug in to the ODBII port WiTech is the software they are using.

Check the vehicle settings on the head unit though. Mine has the option to turn the DRLs on or off but I have the upgraded lighting package. It doesn't do anything with the rear though, those lights are only on when the other lights are. Also, even when enabled they turn off when the car is in park or the parking brake is set so it can look like they are off if you are looking at it from outside.

Reactions: 200_S_AWD

·
Registered
2015 200 S AWD and 2016 Cadillac ATS4 performance 2.0T
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can manually turn them on and both my headlights led and my tail light led comes on. I just like to leave them in auto. So stupid I can’t have DRLs in auto.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
It all comes down to what sales market the car was built for and the options. I wish DRL was a setting or selection on mine too.
I have enabled the 'Headlamps on with wipers' because it is NY state law.
In areas where DRL is compulsory, DRL can't be turned off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can set your DRLS to be high or low beam, park lights, or dedicated lights, in the body control module. I assume the LED strips are in there too. I use Alpha OBD to change my settings, but you should be able to get this done at any dealer as well.

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200 Limited
3 Posts
You can set your DRLS to be high or low beam, park lights, or dedicated lights, in the body control module. I assume the LED strips are in there too. I use Alpha OBD to change my settings, but you should be able to get this done at any dealer as well.
How did you change the position of the drl. I was able to activate them and all enable the menu option via alfaobd but I couldn’t figure out what option changes the light it uses for the drl

·
Registered
34 Posts
The lamp change is there in the body computer configuration change for the 200 (JS) but in the configuration menu for the (UF) I only see absent or present and an option to have the DRL drop out when the blinkers activate.

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200 Limited
3 Posts
The lamp change is there in the body computer configuration change for the 200 (JS) but in the configuration menu for the (UF) I only see absent or present and an option to have the DRL drop out when the blinkers activate.
Ya. I changed other things since the last update. But whenever I try to change the location of the drl it alerts me that “proxy configuration is to short “

1 - 10 of 10 Posts