Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team - I think the weakest part of this fine vehicle are the tires. Has anyone upgraded the 18 or 19 inch wheels/tires to 20 inch...? I am currently on the 18 inch package.
- Assume 20 inch is a bit extreme, and the dealer won't upgrade the ECU. Will they upgrade the ECU if I purchase a 19 inch wheel/tire package...?
- If I do go extreme and get 20 inch package, which ECM tuner is best used to adjust. Assuming the ECU/PCM can even handle 20 inches of rubber...
- Ok, so the 20 inch is CRAZY. The OEM 19 inch is 235/40R19. Will 245/40ZR19's fit inside the wheel wells?

THX!

Reactions: Hawaii200s

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no ECU programming required to up size wheels. Your TPMS transfers over to your new wheels and you size the tires (245/35-20) to match the factory overal height. Tires fitting properly is a matter of selecting the proper offset. Go to elementwheels.com and/or call them. They select great offsets for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Team - I think the weakest part of this fine vehicle are the tires. Has anyone upgraded the 18 or 19 inch wheels/tires to 20 inch...? I am currently on the 18 inch package.
  • Assume 20 inch is a bit extreme, and the dealer won't upgrade the ECU. Will they upgrade the ECU if I purchase a 19 inch wheel/tire package...?
  • If I do go extreme and get 20 inch package, which ECM tuner is best used to adjust. Assuming the ECU/PCM can even handle 20 inches of rubber...
  • Ok, so the 20 inch is CRAZY. The OEM 19 inch is 235/40R19. Will 245/40ZR19's fit inside the wheel wells?

THX!
I just put 19' wheels on recommended 235/40/19. I was wondering the same thing, sorry I couldn't be any help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts